Michael D Twomey > SSEK Law Firm > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Law Firm Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Michael D Twomey
Mergers and acquisitions, mining, oil and gas, private power, project finance, real estate, restructuring and insolvency, shipping
Foreign Legal Advisor
Michael D. Twomey has been an advisor to SSEK since the firm’s founding in 1992. He is experienced in a wide range of corporate, commercial and financial law fields, and advises clients on complex and major transactions in many of Indonesia’s most dynamic sectors, including the oil and gas (both upstream and downstream), mining, private power, hotel, real estate and shipping sectors.
Michael has been recognized numerous times over the years by legal directories as a leading lawyer in Indonesia for corporate law and mergers and acquisitions, projects and natural resources, and real estate. He has been described as “the most talented foreign legal consultant in Jakarta” (IFLR1000).
Before joining SSEK, Michael was associated with the New York law firm Thacher Proffitt & Wood LLP, where he specialized in real estate finance and mortgage loan syndication.
One client told IFLR1000 that Michael is “the most talented foreign legal consultant in Jakarta.” Another told IFLR1000, “Indonesia’s a kind of place where you need to know the right people to get things working. [Mike Twomey] has been there a long time, and that’s a great added value to the project.”
- Advising an American multinational on a project to develop a mine mouth coal gasification plant for the processing of coal into dimethyl ether through an advance regasification process, with our work including assisting with the establishment of the joint venture project company.
- Advising property developers on various projects to develop hotels, offices, and apartment towers (both for lease and condominiums) in Jakarta, Surabaya and Bali.
- Representing a multinational company in connection with its development of a solar power plant in Sulawesi.
- Advising consortium members developing a national strategic project on obtaining tax holidays, a stabilization guarantee and other facilities and incentives from the Government of Indonesia.
- Representing BW Offshore in the negotiation of a lease for a FPSO to Kangean Energy and a US$250 million project financing of several Floating Production Storage Offloading units by major Institutional Lenders as well as on issues that have arisen under the lease.
- Assisting a national petroleum and natural gas company based in the Middle East with the development of a refinery in Indonesia.
- New York State Bar
- American Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia
- Yale University, B.A. Economics, (graduated magna cum laude with distinction), 1980
- University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 1986