Jonathan M Streifer > SSEK Law Firm > Jakarta, Indonesia > Lawyer Profile
SSEK Law Firm Offices
MAYAPADA TOWER, 14TH FLOOR
JL JEND SUDIRMAN KAV 28
- Go to...
Jonathan M Streifer
Commercial and corporate law, dispute resolution, labor and employment, mergers and acquisitions, project finance and infrastructure development, TMT
Foreign Legal Advisor
Jonathan Streifer joined SSEK in 2002. He advises clients on corporate and business law including investment, projects, acquisitions, financings and other commercial transactions.
Jonathan has a robust and growing dispute resolution practice and in the TMT sector on data privacy, content and other issues in the digital economy. He has recently advised several clients on carbon credit and plastic credit projects and other investments in the sustainable economy.
Jonathan advises multinational companies, start-ups, investment funds, entrepreneurs and other companies doing business in Indonesia.
Prior to joining SSEK, Jonathan worked for six years as a legal advisor to law firms in Jakarta, focusing on corporate finance including private placements and public offerings of debt and equity securities, debt restructuring, bank lending, acquisitions and other international business transactions. He was previously associated with the San Francisco law firm Shartsis Friese LLP, where he specialized in venture capital financings and mergers and acquisitions.
Jonathan has been recognized as a leading practitioner in Indonesia for financial and corporate law. He is included in the Asia Business Law Journal A-List of Indonesia’s Top 100 Lawyers.
Clients, in discussing Jonathan’s work, told IFLR1000 that he is “experienced in handling international clients and provided sophisticated answers to our queries,” and that he is “very capable and responsive.”
- Assisted SYSTEMIQ, a systems change company, in its work with its partners in Indonesia to design and implement local waste management projects.
- Acted as Indonesian counsel to clients in forming an electric vehicle battery cell manufacturing joint venture company in Indonesia.
- Advised a restoration project developer on cooperation agreements with a public holding company and its subsidiaries for the management of lands owned by the companies for the generation of carbon credits.
- Represented Showa Denko K.K in its US$500 million chemical grade alumina project in Kalimantan.
- California State Bar
- The Law Firm Network
- American Chamber of Commerce in Indonesia
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A. (high honors), 1986
- University of California at Berkeley (Boalt Hall) School of Law, J.D., 1986