Ms Ong Ken Loon > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Ms Ong Ken Loon
Tax & Private Client Services
Head, Tax & Private Client Services
Ken Loon has a decade of experience and is recommended as one of Singapore’s leading tax lawyers by The Asia Pacific Legal 500 and Practical Law Company Which Lawyer?.
She advises on tax aspects of corporate transactions, such as income tax, GST, stamp duty, and property tax. She assists clients with tax audits and resolves tax disputes through negotiations with the IRAS and represents clients before the tax tribunals and Singapore courts.
Her clients come from across business sectors. She advises local and multinational corporate groups, financial institutions, and investment funds on a broad range of transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, corporate structures and restructurings.
In addition, Ken Loon works with private clients to provide solutions to complex tax, succession and private wealth management issues.
Before joining Drew & Napier in 2008, she was a Principal Legal Officer in the Law Division of the Inland Revenue Authority of Singapore.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Study of the Tax Ecosystem and Practices in Singapore (STEPS) Implementation Committee
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2001)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar in May 2002
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Drew & Napier LLC covers the spectrum of tax law advisory work in Singapore, including corporate tax, enterprise tax risk management and private wealth planning. The firm’s particular strength is tax litigation and it represents clients before tax tribunals and the Supreme Court, in matters related to goods and services tax, property tax and stamp duties. Ong Ken Loon’s fortes area cross-border issues, handling tax disputes with the IRAS and representing clients in appeals to the tax tribunals and Singapore courts. She leads the team that includes Ong Sim Ho, who is dual-qualified as a lawyer and chartered accountant, as well as a barrister of England and Wales, and an advocate and solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- International arbitration
- Investment funds: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- White-collar crime - Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms