Mr Petrus Huang > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Mr Petrus Huang
Capital Markets; Investment Funds
Co-Head, Investment Funds
Petrus is a Director with Drew & Napier LLC’s Corporate & Finance Department. He is Co-Head of the Investment Funds practice, and a senior director in the Greater China Desk.
Petrus has more than 25 years of practice experience. He has a very active funds practice advising local and international clients on establishment of fund management companies including real estate investment trust (REIT) managers, setting up Singapore and overseas funds, limited partnerships, real estate investment trusts, business trusts, property funds and the regulatory, compliance and tax incentives applicable to such funds.
His practice also covers equity capital markets including initial public offerings and secondary listings, placements, rights issues, and listed company share schemes, and scrip dividend schemes. On the debt capital market side, Petrus advises issuers and issue managers on the offering and listing of short-term and long-term debt instruments.
English and Mandarin.
- Member, Corporate Practice Committee of the Singapore Law Society
- Member, Council on Law Reporting of the Singapore Academy of Law
- Committee Member, Hong Kong Singapore Business Association
- Committee Member, Singapore International Chamber of Commerce
- Member, Zhejiang-Singapore Economic and Trade Council
- Executive Committee Member, BANSEA
- Member, Oxford and Cambridge University Society
- Member, Harvard University Club
- M.A (Law)(Hons), University of Cambridge
- M.P.A. Harvard University
- Diploma in Investments, Institute of Banking and Finance
- LL.M. National University of Singapore
- Admitted to the Bar of England & Wales, and to the Singapore Bar (1985)
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The investment funds department at Drew & Napier LLC is led by Petrus Huang and Ron Cheng, who are often instructed by managers and trustees on fund formation and structuring, management work with an additional level of expertise in relevant tax incentives. Huang is particularly recommended for the establishment of real estate investment funds, while Cheng ‘provides exception innovative strategy’ in alternative investment funds.
Drew & Napier LLC focuses on a broad spectrum of debt and equity issuances, including REIT offerings. It has carved a niche in representing foreign issuers, including Israeli and Russian businesses, on their offerings on the mainboard and Catalist board of the Singapore Exchange. Moreover, it frequently acts as Singapore counsel on offerings on the Hong Kong Exchange. It is best known for mid-cap transactions. Grace Lai leads the practice and has a fine record in equity transactions. Consultant Sin Boon Ann is another experienced figure, while Petrus Huang covers debt, equity, and REIT transactions.
- Leading individuals - Singapore > Investment funds: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms - Singapore
- Investment funds: local firms - Singapore
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms