Ms Yvonne Tang > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Ms Yvonne Tang
Director, Intellectual Property
Yvonne actively practices in all aspects of Intellectual Property (IP) work. She has more than a decade of legal experience in IP matters, and her clients include multinational and local companies alike.
On contentious IP matters, Yvonne’s key areas include trade marks and copyright infringement, and passing off. She is regularly involved in trade mark opposition proceedings, and has handled criminal raids of counterfeit goods as well as domain name recovery claims under the Singapore Domain Name Dispute Resolution Policy (SDRP).
Yvonne’s legal experience extends to trade mark registration and brand management advisory services, as well as corporate IP matters, such as the drafting and review of licensing and franchise agreements relating to IP assets.
Yvonne has lectured on international trade mark law at the National University of Singapore. She also contributed to a number of articles on IP, including Atkin’s Court Forms – Singapore (Issue 15), Copyright, Lexis Nexis.
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of England and Wales
- Member of International Trademark Association (INTA)
- Member of Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA)
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (1998)
- Admitted to the Singapore Bar (1999)
- Admitted as a Solicitor in England and Wales (2004)
Singapore > Intellectual property: Local firms
Drew & Napier LLC stands out for its ‘outstanding depth of knowledge, aggressiveness in litigation strategy and business savviness‘, according to one client. Core areas of expertise include patents, designs and trade marks, copyrights, licensing and franchising, branding and commercialisation, as well as advising on regulatory issues affecting the life sciences and pharmaceutical industry. Managing director Tony Yeo is ‘an absolutely first-class litigator‘; he recently represented Becton Dickinson Medical, in a leading patent infringement dispute commenced by B. Braun Melsungen concerning medical catheters. Yvonne Tang‘s practice focuses on trade marks and copyright infringement, while Siau Wen Lim advises on general IP and regulatory matters, particularly those concerning gaming, product advertising, labelling, and branding. Meryl Koh frequently works alongside Yeo on patent and trade mark infringement disputes.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms