Mr Adam Maniam > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Mr Adam Maniam
Director, Dispute Resolution
Adam handles a wide range of commercial litigation and international arbitration matters relating to commercial contracts, corporate disputes, banking and finance, infrastructure projects, large-scale commercial leases, trusts, bankruptcy proceedings, sale of iron ore and heavy melting scrap and tortious claims. Adam also regularly handles criminal matters, several of which have been reported in the media. These criminal matters include several notable cases under the Workplace Safety & Health Act.
He has acted for high-profile clients at all levels of the Singapore Courts as well as in both international and domestic arbitrations.
Adam also advises on regulatory issues and has been engaged to advise on and investigate fraud, anti-money laundering and competition law issues which have arisen in both private and listed companies.
Adam graduated on the overall Dean’s List from the National University of Singapore (NUS), having been a consistent feature on the Dean’s List during his time there. He represented NUS in the 2008 Asia Pacific Regional Rounds of the Manfred Lachs Space Law Moot Court Competition where he was awarded prizes for being the best oralist in the general rounds as well as the best oralist in the finals. Since 2011, he has been teaching trial advocacy at NUS and has also coached NUS moot teams.
Adam is a member of the Law Society’s Criminal Legal Aid Scheme and represents legally-aided persons on a pro bono basis. He has also recently been appointed to the panel of counsel for the Law Society of Singapore.
- Administrative & Public Law
- Asset Recovery
- Banking & Finance
- Commercial Litigation
- Construction & Engineering
- Corporate Litigation
- Financial Services Regulation
- International Arbitration
- Medical Negligence
- Member, Singapore Academy of Law
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- Member, Law Society’s Criminal Legal Aid Scheme
- Adjunct tutor in advocacy courses at the National University of Singapore
- Appointed to the panel of counsel for the Law Society of Singapore
- Appointed to the Inquiry Panel of the Law Society of Singapore
- LL.B (Hons) National University of Singapore (2008)
- Advocate & Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Singapore (2009)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Drew & Napier LLC‘s team is lauded as ‘reputable, professional, tactical and knowledgeable‘, particularly in high-profile matters before the Singapore and international courts, alongside a wealth of experience in cross-border arbitration and litigation disputes. Of particular note are Cavinder Bull, Jimmy Yim, Siraj Omar, SC, and Randolph Khoo who have extensive courtroom experience in commercial litigation and arbitration across a number of sectors. Rakesh Kirpalani is a ‘fantastic litigator‘ in the realm of technology and intellectual property; Blossom Hing and Wendell Wong are recommended for shareholder, corporate restructuring, and criminal law disputes, respectively. Adam Maniam, Mahesh Rai, and senior associate Bryan Wong make up the other key figures.
|Singapore: Litigation||June 2021||This country-specific Q&A provides an overview to Litigation laws and regulations that may occur in Singapore.|
- Dispute resolution: local firms - Singapore
- Next Generation Partners - Singapore > Dispute resolution: local firms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms