Mr Kelvin Teo > Drew & Napier LLC > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Drew & Napier LLC Offices
10 COLLYER QUAY
#10-01 OCEAN FINANCIAL CENTRE
- Go to...
Mr Kelvin Teo
Director, Dispute Resolution
Kelvin is a specialist in resolving complex infrastructure, energy and resource disputes. He is proficient at making complicated technical, delay and quantum issues, easy to understand.
Kelvin advises major players in the infrastructure, energy and resources sphere. He has acted for parties and projects in Korea, China, Middle East, Mongolia, Italy, Laos, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, US, Italy, India and Singapore, amongst others.
His sector experience covers infrastructure projects from nuclear power plants and renewables including wind, hydropower and geothermal; to refineries, mines, railways and expressways; and even giant Ferris wheels.
Kelvin carries out his own advocacy across the entire spectrum of dispute resolution mechanisms – litigation, arbitration, mediation, dispute board proceedings and adjudications, seated both within and out of Singapore.
Kelvin heads a Promotion of Singapore Law Sub-committee (Commodities, Oil & Gas, and Energy). Kelvin also contributes to thought-leadership on construction law issues. As a Council Member of the Society of Construction Law (Singapore), he regularly speaks and publishes articles on construction law issues.
He also sits as a mediator, and was part of an experts group commenting on e-discovery issues.
He has also been recognized in directories such as The Legal 500, Experts Guide, and SBR’s list of most influential lawyers under 40 (2018).
- Council Member, Society of Construction Law (Singapore)
- Promotion of Singapore Law Committee, Head of Subcommittee (Commodities, Oil and Gas and Energy)
- Member, Law Society of Singapore
- LL.B. (Hons), National University of Singapore (2004)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Local firm Drew & Napier LLC acts for multinational companies (particularly those based in Singapore as well India, China, Brunei and Indonesia) and foreign governments in commercial and investor-state arbitration. For the latter, the ‘outstanding‘ Cavinder Bull SC, who jointly leads the team alongside Jimmy Yim, SC and Randolph Khoo, has an impressive reputation. The group is also particularly strong for disputes in the construction and engineering sector, for which Christopher Chong, Mahesh Rai and Kelvin Teo (who recently joined from Cavenagh Law LLP) are key contacts. Other names to note include Siraj Omar SC and Blossom Hing.
- Next Generation Partners - Singapore > Construction: Local firms
- Next Generation Partners - Singapore > International arbitration
- International arbitration - Singapore
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Private wealth and family law – local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Tax: local firms