Mr Shunpei Tanaka > Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu > Tokyo, Japan > Lawyer Profile
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu Offices
JP TOWER, 2-7-2 MARUNOUCHI
- Go to...
Mr Shunpei Tanaka
Real Estate, J-REIT and General Corporate
Real Estate and J-REITs; Infrastructure; General Corporate (including corporate governance, compliance); Mergers and Acquisitions (M&A); Securitization/Structured Finance/Trust; Financial Regulations/Fund Management; Legislation/Regulations; Risk and Crisis Management; Overseas Support Services.
Admitted to Bar in Japan (1989); Lovell White Durrant, London (1995-1996); Partner of Nagashima & Ohno (1998); Partner of Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu (2000).
Dai-ichi Tokyo Bar Association
The University of Tokyo (LLB, 1986); The University of Illinois College (LLM, 1995).
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals: Bengoshi)
Known for its strong J-REITS practice and involvement in legislative drafting, Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu is also active in evolving its real estate and construction practices using new technologies and innovation, and example being the firm’s collaboration with PKSHA Technology Inc. and investment into legaltech start-up MNTSQ. Real estate finance and J-REIT expert Shunpei Tanaka leads the strong team that includes Mami Ikebukuro, who focuses on real estate finance and real estate funds; Hiroto Inoue , who ‘is one of the best in real estate sector’; real estate specialist Kenji Utsumi ; and Shinichiro Horaguchi , whose experience covers real estate funds, real estate financing, real estate securitization and J-REIT formation.
Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu advises leading power utility companies, trading companies and investors on material energy-related projects, as well as assisting financial institutions in a range of energy law and infrastructure matters. Acting for domestic and international stakeholders, generators, retail energy providers and financial institutions, the firm has particular experience in project finance for renewable energy projects. Shunpei Tanaka co-leads the team with project finance expert Jiro Mikami; they can draw from a deep well of expertise, not least Takao Higuchi, who focuses on energy, infrastructure and project finance, as well as corporate finance. Other key names are energy specialist Kei Okubo and Kiyoshi Honda, whose forte is real estate finance.
- Leading individuals: Bengoshi - Japan > Real estate and construction: Independent local firms
- Projects and energy: Independent local firms - Japan
- Real estate and construction: Independent local firms - Japan
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: Independent local firms
- Banking and finance: Independent local firms
- Capital markets: Independent local firms
- Corporate and M&A: Independent local firms
- Dispute resolution: Independent local firms
- Intellectual property: Independent local firms
- Labour and employment: Independent local firms
- Private wealth: Independent local firms
- Projects and energy: Independent local firms
- Real estate and construction: Independent local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: Independent local firms
- Risk management and investigations: Independent local firms
- Tax: Independent local firms
- TMT: Independent local firms