Mr Edward Tiong > Allen & Gledhill LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Allen & Gledhill LLP Offices
ONE MARINA BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Edward Tiong
International Arbitration, Litigation, Restructuring & Insolvency
Deputy Head of Restructuring & Insolvency Practice
Edward’s main areas of practice are corporate restructuring and insolvency, commercial and banking litigation and property disputes. He has been lead counsel in several high-profile cases, in particular, restructuring matters (both cross-border and domestic), and large commercial disputes.
In insolvency, he has advised statutory boards, government-linked companies, major banks, corporates and financial institutions on schemes of arrangements and compromise, judicial management, liquidation and clawbacks.
In litigation, he has represented major financial institutions in clawbacks, shareholder disputes, private banking, construction and property disputes, as well as fraud investigations.
Called to the Singapore Bar in 1998 and he has been a Partner of the Firm since 2005.
Fellow, Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore.
Graduated from the University of Hull with an LL.B. (Hons) degree.
Singapore > Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
Allen & Gledhill LLP houses a ‘strong market-leading team‘. Edward Tiong advises statutory boards, government-linked companies, banks, corporates and financial institutions on schemes of arrangements and compromise, liquidation and clawbacks. Andrew Chan and Alexander Lawrence Yeo are key names for contentious insolvency matters, and Kenneth Lim is noted for the restructuring of distressed companies in the shipping and oil and gas sectors. Chong Yee Leong heads the department alongside Tiong.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms