Mr Edward Tiong > Allen & Gledhill LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Allen & Gledhill LLP Offices
ONE MARINA BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Edward Tiong
Restructuring & Insolvency; International Arbitration; Litigation
Deputy Head of the Firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency Practice
Edward is the Deputy Head of the Firm’s Restructuring & Insolvency Practice. His main areas of practice are corporate restructuring and insolvency, commercial and banking litigation and property disputes. He has been lead counsel in several high-profile cases, in particular, restructuring matters (both cross-border and domestic), and commercial disputes.
In insolvency, he has advised statutory boards, government-linked companies, major banks, corporates and financial institutions on schemes of arrangements and compromise, judicial management, liquidation and clawbacks.
In litigation, he has represented major banks and blue chip companies in private banking, construction, property and commercial disputes, as well as fraud investigations.
Edward is a leading restructuring and insolvency specialist who has been recognised in various legal directories. He has also given expert evidence as a banking law expert for use in a foreign court.
Edward was called to the Singapore Bar in 1998 and has been a Partner of the Firm since 2005.
Fellow, Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore. Holds and has held positions as an Independent Director in public listed companies on the Singapore Stock Exchange
Graduated from the University of Hull with an LL.B. (Hons) degree.
Allen & Gledhill LLP has landed many of the premier engagements in the market over recent years, often acting for creditors. The firm brings its extensive resources and expertise to bear in the restructuring and insolvency field, offering a range of contentious and non-contentious experience in a variety of matters. The firm has continued to have prime roles on the restructurings of Hin Leong Trading, Pacific International Lines, and Hyflux. Head of the restructuring and insolvency group Yee Leong Chong and deputy head Edward Tiong have led on major recent restructurings, and Andrew Chan and Kenneth Lim are also senior members of the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Start-up and venture capital – Local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- White-collar crime - Local firms