Mr Yeo Wico > Allen & Gledhill LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Allen & Gledhill LLP Offices
ONE MARINA BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Yeo Wico
Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate Regulatory & Compliance, Islamic Finance
Wico has 20 years of experience in corporate finance, and is well regarded in the practice area. More than once, he achieved the record of working on both the largest IPO and the largest bond offering in Singapore in the same year. Since the inception of business trusts (“BT”) in Singapore, Wico has built up leading experience in infrastructure BT, including working on a multi-billion IPO of the largest ever infrastructure BT. Beyond award-winning and landmark transactions in both equity and debt capital markets, his experience extends to securitisation and structured finance.
He is well known in the field of Islamic banking and finance. He pioneered the largest sukuk transactions in Singapore, which includes the first sukuk issue, the first sukuk programme, the first statutory board issuer of sukuk and the first sukuk to cross the S$1 billion value.
In the field of innovative retail bond offerings, he advised on the pioneering retail offering of bonds under the exempt bond framework as well as the world’s first offering of listed retail bonds backed by cashflows from private equity funds.
Member, Accounting Standards Council.
Graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Allen & Gledhill LLP has an established presence in structured finance, derivatives and securitisation. The firm is a leader in OTC derivatives, covered bonds, infrastructure capital and cashflow securitisations. Francis Mok is co-head of the financial services group and is a prominent name in the derivatives field. Yeo Wico is an experienced capital markets specialist with a fine record in structured finance, securitisation and Islamic products. Evan Lam is noted for derivatives, securitisations and covered bond programmes. Margaret Chin and Magdalene Leong are also key team members.
Allen & Gledhill LLP is the dominant force in REIT offerings and has an exceptional record in retail bonds. The firm remains active in large listings and secondary market transactions. It continues to advise on new debt capital markets (DCM) programmes for top-tier issuers such as government-linked companies. It also advises all the major banks, Singapore listed companies and big regional corporates. Deputy managing partner Jerry Koh is a leader in the REITs and business trusts space, where Chua Bor Jern also has an outstanding reputation. Margaret Chin leads the DCM practice and Tan Tze Gay leads the ECM team. Leonard Ching and Yeo Wico are also highly reputed along with senior associate Delwin Singh and counsel Alvin Zhuang.
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms - Singapore
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms - Singapore
- Leading individuals - Singapore > Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Financial services regulatory: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms