Mr Andrew Chan > Allen & Gledhill LLP > Singapore, Singapore > Lawyer Profile
Allen & Gledhill LLP Offices
ONE MARINA BOULEVARD
- Go to...
Mr Andrew Chan
International Arbitration; Litigation; Restructuring & Insolvency
Andrew’s practice encompasses commercial work, and he is a specialist in dispute resolution (especially arbitration), trusts, and insolvency (corporate and personal). In arbitration, he has acted as counsel, been appointed arbitrator and appointed to give expert evidence on Singapore law. He has also given expert evidence for use in foreign courts and in arbitration and has mediated insolvency disputes. Andrew has also represented the Democratic Socialist Republic of Sri Lanka as Singapore counsel in an investment treaty arbitration.
Fellow, Singapore Institute of Arbitrators, the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and Insolvency Practitioners Association of Singapore. Panel of arbitrators, Singapore International Arbitration Centre, the Law Society Arbitration Scheme, the Singapore Institute of Arbitrators and the Asian International Arbitration Centre. Director, American Arbitration Association-ICDR Ltd.
Graduated from the National University of Singapore with an LL.B. (Hons) degree
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Allen & Gledhill LLP has landed many of the premier engagements in the market over recent years, often acting for creditors. The firm brings its extensive resources and expertise to bear in the restructuring and insolvency field, offering a range of contentious and non-contentious experience in a variety of matters. The firm has continued to have prime roles on the restructurings of Hin Leong Trading, Pacific International Lines, and Hyflux. Head of the restructuring and insolvency group Yee Leong Chong and deputy head Edward Tiong have led on major recent restructurings, and Andrew Chan and Kenneth Lim are also senior members of the practice.
- Hall of Fame Singapore > Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms Singapore
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Antitrust and competition: local firms
- Banking and finance: local firms
- Capital markets: equity and debt: local firms
- Capital markets: structured finance, derivatives and securitisation: Local firms
- Construction: Local firms
- Corporate and M&A: local firms
- Dispute resolution: local firms
- Fintech and financial services regulatory: local firms
- Intellectual property: Local firms
- Investment funds: local firms
- Labour and employment: local firms
- Projects and energy: local firms
- Real estate: local firms
- Restructuring and insolvency: local firms
- Shipping: local firms
- Start-up and venture capital – Local firms
- Tax: local firms
- TMT: local firms
- White-collar crime - Local firms