Kate Hamilton > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
8 Bedford Row London
- Go to...
Kate has considerable expertise in acting for barristers, solicitors and clients in the financial sector. Many of her cases involve foreign jurisdictions with off-shore assets and/or international lifestyles. She has expertise in disputes between property owners, being either family members or couples, financial provision upon divorce/dissolution, intervening in divorces, advising unmarried parents in their claims, undertaking complex children work such as leave to remove applications and negotiating pre and post nuptial agreements. Reported cases: Re: D (A Child) (Abduction: foreign custody rights)  UKHL 510, El Gamal v HRH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al-Maktoum  EWHC B27 (Fam); Re A (A Child)  EWCA Civ 1577 and GN v MA  EWHC 3939 (Fam), Ashby v Kilduff  EWHC 2034 (Ch.).
Dickinson Dees; Trained and Qualified: (2001-2005); Russell-Cooke: 2005 to date (partner in 2012).
Member of Resolution , Accredited Resolution Specialist status (gaining a professional qualification in financial provision and cohabitation), Collaborative lawyer, Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and Mediator accredited with Resolution.
Newcastle University: Law LLB 2:1l College of Law: Distinction
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Russell-Cooke LLP ‘is extremely well led’ and provides a ‘golden circle service’. It has a broad range of specialisms and advises on a diverse range of matters, such as nuptial agreements, cohabitation issues, international mandates, and complex children issues. Other fields of expertise include assisting clients with fertility law, surrogacy, and adoption, as well as LGBTQ+ family law advice. James Carroll, Kate Hamilton , Fiona Read, and Sarah Richardson are ‘hugely experienced’ and have an ‘uncanny ability to see around corners’. Hannah Minty, Hannah Field, Samantha Little, and Miranda Green produce work that is ‘consistently of an excellent standard’. Jemma Pollock has been promoted to the partnership, and Jade Quirke ‘knows everything there is to know on any complicated area of fertility law’.
‘Russell-Cooke LLP has one of the best family mediation teams in London. They have a real depth of talent. They are a committed and innovative team’. It has a strong focus on ADR. James Carroll is a key member of this ‘forward thinking and collaborative team’. Carroll is ‘encyclopaedic in his knowledge of the law, and a brilliant strategist who is easily able to translate these skills into his mediation practice’. The team offers sole mediation, co-mediation, hybrid and shuttle mediation, with or without solicitors. The ‘highly rated’ Fiona Read has recently qualified to offer child inclusive mediations. Read is an accredited family mediator and a member of Family Mediation Council. Kate Hamilton is a trained Resolution mediator. Hamilton regularly mediates on high-net-worth cases and cases with conflict.
- Family: mediation London > Private client
- Leading individuals London > Private client > Family: mediation
- Leading individuals London > Private client > Family
- Family London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport