Kate Hamilton > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
8 BEDFORD ROW
- Go to...
Kate has considerable expertise in acting for barristers, solicitors and clients in the financial sector. Many of her cases involve foreign jurisdictions with off-shore assets and/or international lifestyles. She has expertise in disputes between property owners, being either family members or couples, financial provision upon divorce/dissolution, intervening in divorces, advising unmarried parents in their claims, undertaking complex children work such as leave to remove applications and negotiating pre and post nuptial agreements. Reported cases: Re: D (A Child) (Abduction: foreign custody rights)  UKHL 510, El Gamal v HRH Sheikh Ahmed Bin Saeed al-Maktoum  EWHC B27 (Fam); Re A (A Child)  EWCA Civ 1577 and GN v MA  EWHC 3939 (Fam), Ashby v Kilduff  EWHC 2034 (Ch.).
Dickinson Dees; Trained and Qualified: (2001-2005); Russell-Cooke: 2005 to date (partner in 2012).
Member of Resolution , Accredited Resolution Specialist status (gaining a professional qualification in financial provision and cohabitation), Collaborative lawyer, Member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals and Mediator accredited with Resolution.
Newcastle University: Law LLB 2:1l College of Law: Distinction
London > Private client > FamilyWithin: Leading individuals -
Russell-Cooke LLP acts on complex and interesting cases. Clients range from those with substantial wealth through to those with modest means or those who are entitled to legal aid. It is at the forefront of new and emerging areas of law such as declaration of parentage, international and domestic surrogacy as well as female genital mutilation and forced marriages. As part of its full service offering it also advises on complex private children law cases involving serious domestic abuse or on issues of adoption. The group is often appointed by the court to represent the children when the children are joined in proceedings. Six of its partners are trained as mediators, five are collaboratively trained and one acts as an arbitrator. James Carroll, Kate Hamilton, Fiona Read and Sarah Richardson are all well-respected practitioners. Hannah Field was promoted to the partnership.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Immigration