Tom Bradford > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
8 Bedford Row London
- Go to...
Tom is Legal Counsel at Russell-Cooke. He is a barrister and worked as a government lawyer on a range of high profile and complex advisory and litigation matters before entering private practice. As such, his role at RC will see him being called in to assist where expert additional counsel is required across a range of practices.
Tom’s areas of expertise include public law, public international law, regulatory and immigration law and he has particular experience working with entrepreneurs and business owners as well as professionals.
Tom joined Russell-Cooke as legal counsel in February 2021 from a well-known firm where he had been a partner since 2017.
Tom won the Keith Jones Essay award and first class honours as an undergraduate and secured a distinction in his MA, before securing pupillage and tenancy in Chambers in his early career.
Russell-Cooke LLP provides immigration support for major corporate transactions headed by leading US and UK law firms, advising on the immigration implications of acquisitions, divestitures, and restructures. For personal immigration, the firm undertakes complex work for HNW individuals, those seeking to establish start-ups, and a number of other individuals, and has an established niche in handling international surrogacy arrangements. Practice head Edward Wanambwa brings his experience in corporate law to the firm’s business immigration practice, with particular experience in handling immigration mandates for national and international corporates, in addition to a strong track record in advising individuals in their personal immigration matters. Legal counsel Tom Bradford, as a former barrister, is noted for his expertise in handling contentious immigration work.
‘At the forefront of regulatory law and professional discipline for at least the last 30 years‘, Russell-Cooke LLP is consistently instructed by the SRA, particularly in relation to insurance disputes and the Compensation Fund; and the team routinely advises major city firms and individual partners on misconduct allegations. The practice also acts for the British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy, along with several other professional bodies. The track record of senior partner John Gould includes several high-profile disciplinary proceedings; Matt Bosworth is ‘hugely experienced‘; and Michael Stacey specialises in regulatory advice and litigation, in relation to legal services, architects, accountants, and charity trustees. The second line of key advisers includes consultant and former partner, Peter Cadman, who is regularly mandated by regulatory bodies and individual members of professions; legal counsel and barrister Tom Bradford, who also maintains a professional discipline practice; and the ‘extremely hardworking‘ senior associate Sheetul Sowdagur.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport