Janice Gardner > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Personal injury and clinical negligence
Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence – both High Court. CICA and Inquests (including Advocacy). Flexible on funding and known for taking on challenging cases on a “no win, no fee basis”.
Janice has led on many high profile high value cases over the years including Leslie Ash’ record breaking £5.25 million award for her MSSA claim. Most recently she has won two High Court trials one a complex personal injury trial lasting 5 days (Sparrow) and the other a complex clinical negligence case (Macaulay) lasting 10 days and involving evidence from 12 different doctors. In addition she has also conducted many catastrophic birth injury claims securing multi-million pound lump sums plus periodical payments on behalf of her clients. Janice has significant expertise in infection cases.
Trained Anthony Gold; qualified 1993; assistant solicitor Anthony Gold specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence 1991-97; assistant solicitor Jones Maidment Wilson specialising exclusively in clinical negligence 1997-99; assistant solicitor at Russell-Cooke (until made partner in 2001) specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence.
Frequent contributor to Lawtel, Clinical Risk and APIL’s Focus Magazine.
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; Secretary APIL London Regional Group; Association for Victims of Medical Accidents and a member of the Law Society Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Panels.
Tulketh High School, Preston, Lancashire; Swansea University (BA Hons History 2(1)); York College of Law.
London > Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
Russell-Cooke LLP has a strong record presenting the ‘very best cases for its clients‘. The team assists individuals who have sustained serious injuries, and occasionally attracts work where novel and interesting points of law are raised. Janice Gardner, whose personal injury legal experience spans nearly 25 years, supervises large multi-party actions as well as high-value cases involving psychiatric and criminal injury compensation claims, and those arising from road traffic accidents. Sarah Towler specialises in claims against local authorities, notably in relation to abused children. Deborah Blythe heads the team.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Immigration