Janice Gardner > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Personal injury and clinical negligence
Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence – both High Court. CICA and Inquests (including Advocacy). Flexible on funding and known for taking on challenging cases on a “no win, no fee basis”.
Janice has led on many high profile high value cases over the years including Leslie Ash’ record breaking £5.25 million award for her MSSA claim. Most recently she has won two High Court trials one a complex personal injury trial lasting 5 days (Sparrow) and the other a complex clinical negligence case (Macaulay) lasting 10 days and involving evidence from 12 different doctors. In addition she has also conducted many catastrophic birth injury claims securing multi-million pound lump sums plus periodical payments on behalf of her clients. Janice has significant expertise in infection cases.
Trained Anthony Gold; qualified 1993; assistant solicitor Anthony Gold specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence 1991-97; assistant solicitor Jones Maidment Wilson specialising exclusively in clinical negligence 1997-99; assistant solicitor at Russell-Cooke (until made partner in 2001) specialising in personal injury and clinical negligence.
Frequent contributor to Lawtel, Clinical Risk and APIL’s Focus Magazine.
Association of Personal Injury Lawyers; Secretary APIL London Regional Group; Association for Victims of Medical Accidents and a member of the Law Society Personal Injury and Clinical Negligence Panels.
Tulketh High School, Preston, Lancashire; Swansea University (BA Hons History 2(1)); York College of Law.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
The ‘really excellent clinical negligence team‘ at Russell-Cooke LLP is known particularly for its specialism in brain injuries, both paediatric and adult, and infection cases resulting in serious injuries. Its expertise in the former was recently strengthened further by the arrival of highly regarded consultant Bernadette McGhie from Enable Law. Inquests are another core area of focus for the firm, which fields a discrete sub-group for such work, headed by Lucy Wilton and Dominic Fairclough. In recent highlights, practice head Janice Gardner took a case concerning acts of illegality occurring following negligence to the Supreme Court, exemplifying the firm’s ability to secure work of the highest profile.
With ‘fantastic‘ practitioner Janice Gardner at the helm, the ‘group of incredibly experienced and first-class litigators‘ at Russell-Cooke LLP are ‘unafraid to run the most difficult of cases‘. Although the firm is proficient in the full range of personal injury work, brain injury remains a particular area of specialism; the recent arrival of Bernadette McGhie from Enable Law strengthened this expertise even further.
- Leading individuals - London > Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Clinical negligence: claimant - London > Insurance
- Personal injury: claimant - London > Insurance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Employment > Health and safety
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport