Graham French > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Property litigation; housing (both social and private sector) litigation and ancillary advisory work.
Graham is a partner in the property and housing litigation team.
Graham specialises in residential and commercial property disputes, landlord and tenant, housing, public law and related contractual disputes. He covers all aspects of property and housing litigation including possession, forfeiture, breach of covenant, disrepair, trespass, rights of way, rent issues and financial disputes and homelessness. He acts for landlords, tenants and tenant’s organisations.
Graham undertakes advisory work for housing associations, co-operatives, tenant management organisations and other public and voluntary sector bodies.
He joined Russell-Cooke as a partner in September 2015 following the merger of Alan Edwards & Co and Russell-Cooke.
- Admitted as a solicitor January 1984
- Alan Edwards & Co. 1985 (as Partner, 1986) to 2015
- Deputy District Judge (County Court) since 1998
- Member of the Civil Justice Council Working Party on property disputes
Very basic Spanish and French
Housing Law Practitioners Association
Property Litigation Association
Undergraduate Degree in Law – Leeds Polytechnic 1977; MPhil Criminology, Clare Hall College, Cambridge University – 1978
Russell-Cooke LLP has a strong commitment to legal aid work, in addition to advising clients on a private basis. Many of its clients are vulnerable, including victims of domestic violence and individuals with severe mental health difficulties. In addition to acting for private individuals, the team demonstrates strong capabilities advising tenant management organisations (organisations run by tenants for tenants) and housing co-operatives. It has been assisting families directly impacted by the Grenfell Tower fire with obtaining long-term/permanent housing, and is also representing a number of households in the inquiry into the disaster. The scope of its broader social housing practice is wide ranging, with the team advising clients on matters including disrepair, possession proceedings, homelessness reviews and appeals, and judicial review claims. Associate Caroline Brosnan has more than a decade of experience of the social housing sector. Another key figure is consultant Matilda Rubens, whose expertise includes homelessness cases that often involve domestic violence issues. Graham French heads up the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Immigration