Gareth Ledsham > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Trust and estate disputes.
Partner specialising in all types of trust and estate/succession-related litigation, including will validity challenges, family provision claims, trustee disputes and claims for rectification and constructions of wills. Also professional negligence arising from these areas.
Has a particular interest in estates with a cross-border element.
Reported cases include Scarfe v Matthews [2012} EWHC 3071 (Ch) and Brennan v Prior  EWHC 2867 (Ch).
Also acts in matters involving contested Court of Protection proceedings including disputed lifetime gifts, statutory wills, attorney/deputy disputes and financial abuse.
Trained Pritchard Englefield – qualified 2006;
Pritchard Englefield 2006-2008
Russell-Cooke 2008 to date (partner 2015)
Publications of note: published in Solicitors Journal and Elder Law Journal, contributed to International Protection of Adults, OUP, 2015
President – South London Law Society
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
South London Law Society
City of London Solicitors’ Company
University of East Anglia – LLB Law with French Law and Language (2001)
Université Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) – LLM French Law and European Law (2002)
College of Law, London – PG Dip Legal Practice (2004)
London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probateWithin: Next Generation Partners -
Alison Regan is a highly recommended head of department at Russell-Cooke LLP. The department deals with a broad range of succession disputes across borders and is particularly adept at advising on conflict of law issues and on the interplay between common law and civil law jurisdictions. In addition it is skilled at advising on will challenges on the basis of testamentary capacity and on applications for rectification of wills. Gareth Ledsham has developed a niche practice in applications to the court to deal with property that is owned by minors in civil law jurisdictions.
London > Private client > Court of protection
Russell-Cooke LLP has a well-regarded full-service Court of Protection property and affairs practice that advises on both contentious and non-contentious matters. It acts as an independent attorney, deputy for financial matters and trustee in relation to those lacking capacity through progressive illnesses such as dementia or for those who have suffered brain injury. It also helps those who are vulnerable to abuse. The skilled team is particularly known for its expertise at handling cross-border/private international law matters. Rita Bhargava and Gareth Ledsham are the names to note.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Court of protection - London > Private client
- Contentious trusts and probate - London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Family: mediation
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Human resources > Health and safety
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation
- Human resources > Immigration