Gareth Ledsham > Russell-Cooke LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Russell-Cooke LLP Offices
2 PUTNEY HILL
- Go to...
Trust and estate disputes.
Partner specialising in all types of trust and estate/succession-related litigation, including will validity challenges, family provision claims, trustee disputes and claims for rectification and constructions of wills. Also professional negligence arising from these areas.
Has a particular interest in estates with a cross-border element.
Reported cases include Scarfe v Matthews [2012} EWHC 3071 (Ch) and Brennan v Prior  EWHC 2867 (Ch).
Also acts in matters involving contested Court of Protection proceedings including disputed lifetime gifts, statutory wills, attorney/deputy disputes and financial abuse.
Trained Pritchard Englefield – qualified 2006;
Pritchard Englefield 2006-2008
Russell-Cooke 2008 to date (partner 2015)
Publications of note: published in Solicitors Journal and Elder Law Journal, contributed to International Protection of Adults, OUP, 2015
President – South London Law Society
Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS)
South London Law Society
City of London Solicitors’ Company
University of East Anglia – LLB Law with French Law and Language (2001)
Université Paris I (Panthéon-Sorbonne) – LLM French Law and European Law (2002)
College of Law, London – PG Dip Legal Practice (2004)
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
The ‘closely-knit team’ at Russell-Cooke LLP ‘works very hard and draws on a significant wealth of experience to represent their clients in disputes of significant value and complexity’. The ‘very canny’ Alison Regan heads the ‘refreshingly modern and diverse firm’, which has ‘exceptional trust and probate practitioners’. It advises in all areas of trust and estate litigation, and is increasingly known for its cross-border and international work involving issues of foreign assets, domicile and residence. Gareth Ledsham has significant experience of dealing with complex and high-value cross-jurisdictional estate disputes. Senior associate, Andrew Morgan is another important member of the practice.
Russell-Cooke LLP advises on a wide array of contentious and non-contentious matters. It regularly provides specialist advice on cross-border issues, particularly those with a French element them. Gareth Ledsham heads the contentious court of protection team. Ledsham is particularly recognised for his work on matters involving overseas assets. He advises on the full range of contested mental capacity issues regarding property and financial affairs. Rita Bhargava leads the non-contentious capacity and court of protection offering. Bhargava frequently helps with the management of financial affairs for vulnerable clients and advises on personal injury trusts for those with acquired injuries.
- Next Generation Partners London > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate London > Private client
- Court of protection London > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Insurance > Clinical negligence: claimant
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Court of protection
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Immigration
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Social housing: tenant
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Insurance > Personal injury: claimant
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Real estate > Planning
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport