Mike Matthews > Roythornes Solicitors > Spalding, England > Lawyer Profile
Roythornes Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial
Mike qualified with the firm in 2012 and his promotion to partner in 2019 confirmed his rising prominence within the Commercial & Corporate team.
Working closely with one of the country’s largest renewable energy companies, he has quickly acquired extensive knowledge and expertise in buying and selling large corporate portfolios of assets.
Mike has established a widely recognised specialism in mergers and acquisitions and, in 2017 alone, led transactions totalling in excess of £50m. A number of these featured in the press, including:
- acting for the sellers on the sale of the distribution company Tesam Distribution Limited for £11.75m to public listed company, Clipper Logistics plc
- acting for the sellers on the sale of the well known technology company, ParentMail, to Iris Software
- acting for the manufacturer of many well known cereals, Pioneer Foods, when it acquired the Good Carb Food Company Limited and the popular Lizi’s granola brand
Focusing primarily on agriculture, technology, energy, logistics and construction, Roythornes Solicitors tends to advise regional and multi-national clients on commercial agreements, investments, M&A and restructuring. Martin Jinks handles commercial and corporate matters, including critical outsourcing arrangements and contracts underpinning large-scale automation projects. Julia Seary has a strong track record advising on corporate governance and regulatory compliance, particularly in relation to data privacy. Corporate lawyers Mike Matthews and Lizzie Walters joined the firm’s partner roster in 2019.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant