Tim Russ > Roythornes Solicitors > Spalding, England > Lawyer Profile
Roythornes Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Litigation, agricultural property, notary
Tim is a senior dispute resolution lawyer specialising in agricultural law, food law, private client and property disputes. He advises on agricultural tenancies, landlord and tenant disputes, property disputes, partnership disputes, professional negligence claims, Single Farm Payment, quota disputes and contractual claims. Tim has handled a number of judicial reviews especially for food businesses and farmers against the Foods Standards Agency and DEFRA. He also handles wills, probate and trust disputes both for trustees and beneficiaries including disputes under the Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975. He has a particular interest in animal disease issues and has dealt with many of leading cases concerning both Bovine Tb and Foot and Mouth disease. He has also acted in a number of leading cases concerning the licensing and regulation of meat businesses. Tim is a qualified mediator accredited by both the ADR Group and CEDR, is on the Court of Appeal mediation panel and is accredited as a practitioner member by the Law Society Civil and Commercial mediation panel. He is a fellow of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and sits as an arbitrator as well as advising arbitrators and on occasions sitting with them as legal advisor.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Roythornes Solicitors is recognised for its ‘breadth of knowledge‘ of contentious trusts and probates in relation to agricultural and rural matters. The team displays particular expertise in proprietary estoppel claims. Practice head Tim Russ is an experienced mediator and arbitrator, who adopts a ‘sensible approach‘ to litigation, according to one client.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Contentious trusts and probate - East Midlands > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant