Matt Fowler > Roythornes Solicitors > Spalding, England > Lawyer Profile
Roythornes Solicitors Offices
- Go to...
Corporate and commercial
Educated locally, Matthew went on to study for his law degree in Nottingham in 2006, graduating with first class honours. In 2007, he gained a distinction in his Legal Practice Course from Nottingham Law School. He trained and qualified in a leading City of London practice before moving to work as the sole in-house counsel with a London-based private equity investment firm. Matthew joined the Corporate and Commercial team at Roythornes in 2019, having recently moved back into private practice.
He has held various senior board positions which allow him to bring sound commercial awareness and a practical approach to any situation. In addition, he has significant experience in a variety of corporate and commercial areas including:
- incorporations and business start-ups;
- asset and share acquisitions and disposals;
- shareholders’ agreements and corporate governance matters;
- general restructuring and group reorganisations of private companies including solvent and insolvent restructuring;
- joint ventures;
- investment, loans, structured debt financing; and commercial contracts.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant