Trevor Francis > Blackfords LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Blackfords LLP Offices
15 OLD BAILEY
- Go to...
Managing Partner, Solicitor-Advocate.
Trevor specialises in regulatory investigations and enquiries, crisis management and reputation protection for ultra high net worth clients, serious fraud, money laundering and high value confiscation and restraint issues and Coroner Inquests.
Current instructions include corporate manslaughter, electroral law issues, defamation actions, Trading Standard investigations and proceedings, Insider trading, Libor and Forex, e-crime and internet offences, extradition, bribery and corruption and high value international civil fraud and asset recovery.
- Stonehams, Croydon 1998-99 – assistant solicitor
- Wragge & Co, Birmingham 1999-2000 – assistant solicitor
- Francis Lovett, Woking 2000-07 – Managing Partner
- Blackfords LLP 2007 to present – Managing Partner
- Fraud Lawyers Association (FLA)
- Association of Regulatory & Disciplinary Lawyers (ARDL)
- Proceeds of Crime Lawyers Association (POCLA)
- Extradition Lawyers Association (ELA)
- Solicitors Association of Higher Court Advocates (SAHCA)
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors Association (LCCSA)
- Criminal Law Solicitors Association (CLSA)
- Financial Services Lawyers Association (FSLA)
- Registered lawyer under the FA Football Agents Regulations.
Midhurst Grammar School
University of Wales, Aberystwyth (LLB Hons)
College of Law, Guildford.
Cricket, member Surrey CCC, rugby
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Blackfords LLP remains a market leader in the crime space, with a proven track record in handling the most serious cases, including violent crime, drug-related offences and sexual assault. Preeminent practitioner Gary Bloxsome jointly leads the team with Trevor Francis and handles an assortment of complex matters including financial crime and fraud with an international aspect. Diana Payne oversees the ‘exceptionally good‘ general crime practice and is noted for her decades of expertise in criminal proceedings. The core group also comprises Hannah Giles, Lucinda Shand, and counsel Rachel Wilson. On the fraud side, Daniel Cundy is the key figurehead with specialisms in white-collar crime, fraud, corruption, tax and money laundering cases. He also handles cross-border matters.
The financial crime team at Blackfords LLP is noted for its experience in substantial and complex financial crime cases that include allegations of bribery and corruption, investment fraud, money laundering and insider dealing. ‘Exceptional litigator‘ Gary Bloxsome co-heads the team and is experienced in cases prosecuted by the SFO, FCA, HMRC and CPS, among others. Daniel Cundy, who also co-heads the team, handles CMA matters and criminal and civil Proceeds of Crime Act matters. Trevor Francis deals with serious crime, complex frauds, MTIC investigations and regulatory matters.
Noted for its focus on the health and social care sectors, Blackfords LLP‘s ‘work standard is outstanding‘. The practice represents clients at hearings before the GMC, GDC, Nursing and Midwifery Council, Social Work England, and Health and Care Professions Council. It also has considerable expertise in representing serving police and MoD police personnel in misconduct proceedings. Another area of note is acting for solicitors in SRA investigations, while a growing practice area is the representation of football professionals, who face historic sexual abuse allegations. Gary Rubin leads the regulatory team, which includes Trevor Francis, Gary Bloxsome, director Philip Williams and solicitor advocate Jennifer Richardson.
‘Class act‘ Gary Bloxsome co-leads the general crime team at Blackfords LLP with fraud specialist Trevor Francis. Covering the entire range of criminal work, the firm is particularly known for representing high-profile and high-net-worth clients. Recent cases have covered murder, gangland killings, street violence, money laundering, drugs, and serious sexual offences. In addition, the firm handles allegations of war crimes, corporate manslaughter, immigration and election law matters. Daniel Cundy is recommended for complex issues such as tax evasion and breaches of sanctions, while associate Naureen Shariff demonstrates ‘exceptional client handling skills’.
- Crime: general - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Hall of Fame - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Leading individuals - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals) - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
- Professional discipline - London > Dispute resolution