Keith Oliver > Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP Offices
15 FETTER LANE
- Go to...
Litigation: civil fraud; asset freezing and asset tracing; commercial, insolvency and trust litigation; crisis management; financial services litigation; international arbitration; sports law (contentious) and dispute resolution.
Keith is the Head of International and one of the firm’s key partners, having trained at the firm and following qualification in 1980, appointed to partner in 1983. He has frontline experience at the cutting edge of international fraud litigation, asset recovery and disputes with a dynamic focus on achieving the very best result for every client whatever the challenge.
Keith specialises in commercial, regulatory and trust litigation, and heads the specialist commercial litigation and civil fraud and asset freezing team at Peters & Peters. He specialises in international disputes and the location, freezing and recovery of misappropriated assets involving emergency relief procedures and the management of legal teams from many jurisdictions.
His work often involves multi-jurisdictional actions in the USA, continental Europe and worldwide. He is widely recognised as one of the UK’s leading lawyers in civil fraud with a reputation for addressing and resolving the most intractable of disputes and crises faced by individuals and companies.
Trained Peters & Peters; qualified 1980; Partner 1983; Senior Partner and Departmental Head 2005 and Head of International 2016. A frequent speaker at litigation conferences held by the International Bar Association, the Association Internationale Des Jeunes Avocats (AIJA), LexisNexis and C5 Fraud Asset Tracing and Recovery (joint chair).
- Founding member and fellow of the International Academy of Financial Crime Litigators
- International Bar Association
- Association Internationale des Jeunes Avocats
- Commercial Litigators’ Forum
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- British Italian Law Association
- The Inter-Pacific Bar Association
London Guildhall University (1977 BA (Hons)).
Winter sports, football (playing and spectating), cinema and theatre, rock music, classic cars.
Lawyer Rankings(Hall of Fame)
Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP acts in high-profile, international commercial court and chancery division litigation cases, including matters where freezing and disclosure orders have been obtained for claimants who have been victims of major fraud. The firm is also known for its expertise in multijurisdictional disputes. Practice head Jonathan Tickner is a ‘superb litigator, a great tactician and super-smart’. His team includes Keith Oliver, who focuses on international matters and is a ‘master of generating and overseeing civil fraud cases; and Sarah Gabriel, who is ‘one of the very best fraud solicitors working in London at the moment’.
Although historically known for its fraud focus, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP also ‘attracts top-level commercial disputes work‘ that is without fraud elements and spans several jurisdictions. Representative matters feature shareholder and contractual disputes, insolvency proceedings, IP, professional negligence, and contentious financial services/regulatory issues; and the practice regularly works with well-established litigation funders. Heading commercial litigation and civil fraud, Jonathan Tickner is ‘a superb lawyer who builds and manages a team well‘; international head Keith Oliver has over 37 years’ experience as a heavyweight commercial litigator; Sarah Gabriel specialises in asset recovery and commercial litigation; and Jason Woodland regularly acts in cases involving emergency injunctive relief. At of counsel level, Amy Harvey is noted for complex multi-jurisdictional disputes and interim remedies related to the preservation and protection of assets; and Emma Ruane has extensive expertise in obtaining and defending worldwide freezing injunctions.
- Hall of Fame - London > Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Commercial litigation: mid-market - London > Dispute resolution
- Fraud: civil - London > Crime, fraud and licensing
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious