Jason Woodland > Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP Offices
15 FETTER LANE
- Go to...
Commercial litigation, civil fraud and asset recovery.
Jason is a partner in the Commercial Litigation, Civil Fraud and Asset Tracing department. He advises both individuals and corporates on complex disputes, often involving allegations of fraud.
Jason has represented a large number of clients in fraud disputes, and often deals with cases where urgent injunctions (including freezing orders and search orders) are sought from the Courts. He advises Claimants seeking to trace and recover the proceeds of fraud, both in England and abroad, using the wide range of powers available to the English Courts. Jason also acts for Defendants who may be subject to draconian Court orders. Jason has acted for both Claimants and Defendants in contempt proceedings brought to enforce English court orders.
The majority of Jason’s work involves an international element, and he is used to co-ordinating proceedings in multiple jurisdictions including Russia, Ukraine, Switzerland, Hong Kong, the United States and all the major off-shore jurisdictions.
Where allegations of fraud are made, there are often parallel criminal investigations and Jason is used to advising on cases where there are such investigations.
Jason also represents parties to arbitrations, and has experience of proceedings under ICC, UNCITRAL and LCIA rules as well as ad hoc arbitrations.
Trained Cripps Harries Hall LLP; qualified 2005; assistant solicitor Cripps Harries Hall LLP 2005 – 2010; associate Peters & Peters 2010 – 2014; special counsel Peters & Peters 2014 – 2015; partner 2015. Publications of note: “Dancing a Judicial Jig on the Tricolore or Playing by the Rules? The Common Law Response to Blocking Statutes”, The International Comparative Legal Guide to Competition Litigation 2015, 7th edition.
- Committee Member of London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Vice President of Litigation Commission of UIA International Association of Lawyers
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association
University of Birmingham (LLB (Hons) 2002); College of Law (LPC, Distinction, 2003).
In addition to its widely respected fraud expertise, Peters & Peters Solicitors LLP‘s commercial disputes team routinely acts in high-value and internationally flavoured cases that are complex and politically sensitive. Department head Jonathan Tickner also leads the firm’s fraud and commercial disputes group; international head Keith Oliver and Sarah Gabriel both have longstanding commercial litigation experience; and Jason Woodland represents both individuals and corporates in complex disputes that frequently involve fraud allegation. Growth within the team includes commercial litigation expert Emma Ruane being elevated to the partnership.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Risk advisory > Regulatory investigations and corporate crime (advice to corporates)
- Corporate and commercial > VAT and indirect tax
- Dispute resolution > Public international law
- Dispute resolution > Tax litigation and investigations
- Corporate and commercial > Financial services: contentious