Andrew Willan > Payne Hicks Beach LLP > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Payne Hicks Beach LLP Offices
10 NEW SQUARE
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution/Privacy & Medial Law
Andrew specialises in reputation management. His work covers all aspects of media law, including defamation, confidence, privacy, harassment and data protection. His background as a commercial litigator means that he has considerable expertise in complex disputes including those involving allegations of fraud and issues of cybersecurity.
He has particular expertise in the evolving field of cyber and privacy law, representing victims of highly sophisticated cyber-attacks and privacy intrusions in some of the most significant and ground-breaking cases in this jurisdiction. The nature of Andrew’s work is often confidential, however recent reported cases include HRH Princess Haya Bint Al Hussein v HH Sheikh Mohammed Bin Rashid Al Maktoum and Hourani v Thomson & others. Andrew also has significant experience in third party disclosure requests, including claims under the Norwich Pharmacal jurisdiction.
Andrew writes numerous articles and contributions in the national and legal press, and gives conferences on a wide range of legal issues relating to media and privacy law.
Qualified 2013, joined Payne Hicks Beach 2011, promoted to senior associate 2018, partner 2020.
Andrew is a member of the London Solicitors Litigation Association.
Andrew read French and Italian at Durham University.
Payne Hicks Beach LLP has a broad range of expertise, regularly advising on issues relating to reputational attacks, pre-publication matters, defamation and unwanted media attention. This work is done on behalf of a series of prominent UHNWIs, as well as leading corporates. Dominic Crossley is an expert in breach of confidence, defamation and harassment matters, regularly acting for victims of crime and press misconduct. Hanna Basha has extensive experience in defamation, privacy, harassment and data protection, with particular expertise in pre-publication situations. Andrew Willan specialises in the crossover between cybersecurity, privacy and data protection matters.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Public sector > Education: individuals
- Employment > Immigration
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: Smaller Deals, £10m-£100m
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Reputation management
- Real estate > Residential property
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: mid-market
- Employment > Senior executives
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Crime: general
- Corporate and commercial > Partnership
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Real estate > Commercial property: development
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: white-collar crime (advice to individuals)