Ms Laura Trapnell > Paris Smith LLP > Southampton, England > Lawyer Profile
Paris Smith LLP Offices
NUMBER ONE LONDON ROAD
- Go to...
Ms Laura Trapnell
Corporate, Commercial and Finanace
Laura spent many years at niche intellectual property firms and teams in London and joined Paris Smith in 2012 to head up the IP and IT team.
Laura is an intellectual property lawyer who delivers commercial solutions based on legal argument. Her experience covers all aspects of commercial intellectual property and IT law for multinationals through to SMEs and individuals. She has particular expertise in the Tech and Food and Drink sectors.
Laura sits on the panel of advisers for the Catalyst Centre at Southampton Science Park, advising Catalyst members on their IP – from ownership issues, strategy and protection to enforcement.
Paris Smith LLP covers design rights and copyright, but is particularly noteworthy for its expertise in trade mark portfolio management and related infringement work. Laura Trapnell heads the team and goes ‘beyond the call of duty‘ when advising clients from the tech industry or the food and drink sector. She works closely with Helen Brown, who counsels companies through litigation as well as on agreements pertaining to IP.
Tech SMEs entrust Paris Smith LLP to handle matters pertaining to data protection, e-commerce, and corporate transactions and restructurings. In addition to her IT expertise, clients may rely on practice head Laura Trapnell‘s proficiency in IP law. She regularly employs both in service of emerging tech companies.
- Intellectual property - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - South East > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Real estate > Commercial property: Hampshire
- Employment > Employment: Hampshire
- Private client > Family: Hampshire
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Hampshire
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Hampshire
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate: Hampshire
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Property litigation