Simon Hancock > Osborne Clarke LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Osborne Clarke LLP Offices
2 TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Osborne Clarke LLP is noted for giving ‘considered legal and strategic advice‘ to its clients. The team is active in assisting suppliers in NHS procurement and outsourcing; counselling investor and service providers on healthcare PFI/PPP; and funding, M&A and real estate matters relating to the healthcare sector. The practice is jointly led by Catherine Wolfenden, who is well versed in procurement mandates, and Will James in London. Simon Hancock has experience in healthcare projects and senior associate Kate Davies‘ ‘record of support speaks for itself‘.
Osborne Clarke LLP is highly regarded for its regionally, nationally and internationally active practice. Its team has knowledge in advising sponsors and lenders on project developments and financings, and its core areas of expertise are emergency services and social infrastructure; higher education; telecoms and IT infrastructure; energy, and defence. Chris Wade is an established contact for private and public sector clients; he leads the team jointly with James Watson and Matthew Lewis. David Ferris specialises in power technology issues and Carl Thompson focuses on energy and utilities projects. Omar Al-Nuaimi is an expert in finance transactions. Catherine Wolfenden is noted for her expertise in procurement law, and Simon Hancock is a key contact in PFI and PPP matters. Alan John retired in 2021.
The ‘exceptional‘ team at Osborne Clarke LLP acts for private and third sector clients on judicial reviews, PFIs and PPPs, NHS procurement and outsourcing, and healthcare investment and regulation matters. Head of healthcare, ‘stand-out individual‘ Catherine Wolfenden , is noted for her work advising NHS suppliers on public procurement law, while head of life sciences Will James is a key resource for all matters relating to medicine and healthcare-related IP law. Additionally, partner Simon Hancock acts on infrastructure and outsourcing procurements. In January 2021, partners Rob Hayes and Justin Starling joined from Penningtons Manches Cooper LLP to provide additional expertise on healthcare spin-outs.
- Energy, project finance and PFI - South West > Projects, energy and natural resources
- Health - South West > Public sector
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Real estate > Construction
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy, project finance and PFI
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail