Tom Harding > Osborne Clarke LLP > Bristol, England > Lawyer Profile
Osborne Clarke LLP Offices
2 TEMPLE BACK EAST
- Go to...
Osborne Clarke LLP has a broad IT & Telecoms practice, handling corporate, commercial, regulatory and contentious matters in these sectors. The team is frequently instructed on tech-focused outsourcing transactions, such as digital transformations, while its corporate work focuses on investments into technology start-ups. Practice head Will Robertson is highly active in the procurement space, alongside Tom Harding and associate director Eleanor Williams; Robertson also provides advice to technology clients on the development of new products such as apps. In the telecoms sector, the firm’s property disputes practice offers clients experience in handling litigation before the Upper Tribunal related to the electronic communications code.
Osborne Clarke LLP has a strong presence advising technology clients on all aspects of their IP portfolios, including providing them with advice on business-critical software copyright protection. Clare Robinson leads the team, which also acts for clients in the retail, consumer goods and energy sectors. Robinson is experienced across litigation and advisory work; elsewhere, Will Robertson has a focus on IP-related commercial agreements in the technology sector, and Tom Harding specialises in advising media clients. Associate director Becky Crawford also stands out for her work providing strategic trademark advice. The practice is also carving out a niche in the highly sensitive defence sector, assisting clients on agreements with the government related to IP rights; Douglas Peden is taking the lead in this area.
Osborne Clarke LLP‘s Bristol-based media and entertainment team acts alongside the firm’s offices across the UK to advise clients in growing areas such as streaming, video games and social media as well as the more traditional film and TV industries. Regulatory specialist Mary Lawrence has established herself as a leading figure on health and safety issues related to media productions, providing advice on issues such as COVID-19, animal welfare, security and accidents on set. The team is also instructed to advise clients on matters related to advertising. Tom Harding is another key figure in the South West team, with experience across IP protection and licensing as well as consumer regulation.
- Intellectual property - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- Leading individuals - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Media and entertainment - South West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Bristol
- Real estate > Commercial property: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Bristol
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate tax
- Employment > Employment: Bristol
- Real estate > Environment
- Corporate and commercial > EU and competition
- Employment > Health and safety
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment
- Employment > Pensions
- Real estate > Planning
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Transport > Rail