Chetal Patel > Bates Wells > London, England > Lawyer Profile
Bates Wells Offices
10 QUEEN STREET PLACE
- Go to...
Chetal advises individuals on securing leave to enter and remain in the UK under the Tier 1 Exceptional Talent/Promise, Entrepreneur and Investor Point Based System sub-categories.
She regularly advises organisations on matters relating to applying for, maintaining or renewing sponsor status, in particular under Tiers 2 and 5. Her advice to organisations includes providing pragmatic guidance on the requisite HR processes, assisting with immigration audits, meeting compliance obligations and preparing clients for and attending pre/post UK Visas & Immigration visits. As part of this work, she also advises on our Tier 2 applications.
She is part of BWB’s cross departmental Education team, London & Partners and India Group.
Her clients operate in a number of sectors including charity, creative, education, finance, healthcare and media. The nature of Chetal’s work has also meant that she has plenty of experience advising a broad range of clients from high net worth individuals and start-up companies to multinational companies.
Chetal regularly delivers training sessions on business immigration related topics to fellow practitioners and organisations. She also contributes commentary and know-how to journalists.
- Trained at Birketts LLP, 2007.
- Admitted as a Solicitor, 2009.
- Solicitor, Birketts LLP, 2009.
- Solicitor, Gherson, 2011.
- Solicitor, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2013.
- Associate, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2015.
- Senior Associate, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2016.
- Partner, Bates Wells Braithwaite, 2018
- Member of the Immigration Law Practitioners Association.
- International Associate member of the American Immigration Lawyers Association.
- Swansea University, LLB (Hons) Law and Business Studies, 2002-2005.
- The College of Law, Legal Practice Course, 2006.
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Bates Wells‘ immigration team is ‘outstanding‘; it ‘offers a very high level of service‘ and it is ‘particularly good at providing holistic advice‘. For business immigration, the team – which is led by Chetal Patel and features the ‘eminent‘ Philip Trott – is instructed by major businesses and charities, and it is also experienced in handling immigration matters for high-net-worth individuals and well-known celebrities. In an example of its charity sector experience, the team advises Climate Policy Initiative on the recruitment of sponsored workers and on sponsor licence obligations and duties. The firm also advises on a raft of personal immigration matters, where Tim Barnden heads the team. Here, the team regularly advises on complex personal immigration matters, and handles cases which engage Article 8 of the ECHR, the right to private and family life. It also handles asylum and other protection claims for individuals and charities. Barnden is noted for his experience in handling applications by couples and families, LGBT applicants, and handles refugee cases. Senior associate Katie Dilger handles a range of personal immigration instructions and is ‘attentive and responsive at all turns‘.
- Next Generation Partners - London > Human resources > Immigration
- Immigration - London > Human resources
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Public sector > Education: schools
- Public sector > Electoral
- Dispute resolution > Professional discipline
- Public sector > Administrative and public law
- Public sector > Education: institutions
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Media and entertainment (including media finance)
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Public sector > Local government
- Corporate and commercial > M&A: smaller deals, up to £50m
- Risk advisory > Reputation management
- Real estate > Commercial property: corporate occupiers
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Sport
- Corporate and commercial > Commercial contracts
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Human resources > Immigration