Jan Duyvensz > Norton Rose Fulbright > Amsterdam, Netherlands > Lawyer Profile
Norton Rose Fulbright Offices
24TH FLOOR, REMBRANDT TOWER
1096 HA AMSTERDAM
- Go to...
Jan Duyvensz is an insurance dispute resolution lawyer based in Amsterdam. He advises both domestic and international insurers, brokers and corporates on a wide range of matters involving financial risks (directors’ and officers’ (D&O) liability, professional liability) and product liability. Jan also has significant experience of dealing with contentious warranty and indemnity claims arising from M&A transactions in the private equity sector and beyond. Furthermore, Jan works on the coverage aspects of cyber claims and is experienced in defending companies and their insurers in relation to various cyber related exposures.
Jan regularly lectures on (re)insurance law and also sits as a deputy judge at the Court of Noord-Holland. He received a PhD for his dissertation regarding exemption clauses and he publishes regularly.
Jan is recommended in the European legal 500 for both insurance and dispute resolution.
Norton Rose Fulbright has notable experience in disputes in the financial services and energy sectors, and acts for large financial institutions and global corporates. Yke Lennartz co-heads the team and is recommended for international commercial disputes, post-M&A issues and financial disputes. Jan Duyvensz also co-heads the team and handles insurance matters.
- Next Generation Partners - Netherlands > Insurance
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation - Netherlands
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Banking and finance: asset finance and structured finance
- Banking and finance: Financial services regulatory
- Environment and planning
- Restructuring and insolvency
- Banking and finance: lender or arranger side
- Energy: regulatory
- Energy: transactional
- Fraud and white-collar crime
- Commercial, corporate and M&a
- Dispute resolution: Commercial litigation