Kevin Modiri > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. Kevin’s areas of expertise include:
– Contentious probate and Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims;
– Disputes relating to the administration of trusts and estates;
– Insolvency litigation, including:
~ Preference/transaction at an undervalue claims and other types of claim on behalf of liquidators/trustees in bankruptcy;
~ Director disqualification proceedings;
~ Professional negligence claims against all types of professionals including solicitors, accountants and surveyors
– Breach of data protection claims;
– General commercial and civil litigation, such as:
~ Shareholder and partnership disputes;
~ Contract claims
~ Financial irregularity claims such as breaches of the Consumer Credit Act/mis-selling of financial products
~ Guarantee disputes
Trained CS2 Lawyers; qualified 2005; partner Nelsons 2013. Trainee solicitor/solicitor at CS2 Lawyers 2002-05; head of litigation and employment at Hackett Windle LLP 2005-07; partner and head of litigation and employment at Bakewells Solicitors 2007-13.
Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
King Edward’s School, Birmingham; University of Leicester (2002 Law LLB); Nottingham Law School.
Martial arts, running, socialising.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited has a sizeable contentious trusts and probate team that frequently handles disputes concerning high value estates. The team displays strong expertise in Inheritance Act claims, complex challenges to wills, court of protection and defamation matters. Practice head Kevin Modiri and his team are ‘sensible and pragmatic‘ and frequently deliver client training and CPD seminars. Lewis Addison and associate Lewis Hastie are noted.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector