David Kaplan > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. David’s specialisms include acquisitions; disposals and mergers; private equity – management buy-outs; management buy-ins and private investors; banking and finance; joint ventures; healthcare; and general business advice.
Trained Rollit Farrell and Bladon (now Rollits); qualified 1997; partner Nelsons 2010. Associate Eversheds 1997-2003; partner Flint Bishop LLP 2003-08; partner Keelys LLP 2008-10.
University of Hull (1994 LLB 2:1).
Running (completed two marathons), general fitness, skiing and snowboarding.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s varied client roster includes SMEs, owner-managed businesses and Plcs. It handles a high volume of sales and acquisitions across a wide range of different industries. Derby team lead David Kaplan acts for clients such as large aerospace businesses and small-medium healthcare operators in corporate transactions. Nottingham-based partner Harpreet Sandhu advises clients on all types of commercial agreements and risk assessments. The ‘exceptionally supportive’ Duncan Taylor (who is also based in Nottingham) had a very active year in 2019, completing over 14 transactions.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s Leicester practice handles a wide ambit of work for borrowers and lenders, including acquisition finance, asset finance, property funding, development funding and refinancing transactions. Chris Rees has vast experience in this field, and has notable specialisms in corporate banking, refinancings and property-backed lending. David Kaplan, who is based in Derby, has particular strengths in asset-based lending and funding arrangements. The ‘tenacious’ James Coningsby and associate Peter Rees often advise clients on property finance transactions.
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector