Daniel Brumpton > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. Daniel specialises in professional negligence claims against solicitors and barristers, surveyors, financial advisers, accountants and insurance brokers amongst others. This includes mishandled litigation, tax advice, commercial property transactions, mergers and acquisitions, pension disputes, financial litigation including hedging claims and financial product mis-selling, professional indemnity disputes, professional fee disputes, complaints and regulatory matters.
Daniel regularly delivers seminars to clients and intermediaries on all areas of professional negligence.
Trained Irwin Mitchell LLP; qualified 2004; Partner and Head of Professional Negligence Irwin Mitchell 2013-2016. Solicitor DAC Beachcroft, Leeds, 2004-2006; Solicitor at Irwin Mitchell 2006-2013; Partner Berg, Manchester 2016-2017; Partner Nelsons 2017.
Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
University of Humberside (BA Law and Business); York College of Law (1998 Legal Practice Course).
Golf, football, food, cinema.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited acts for a wide range of clients on high value claims involving high-net-worth individuals, sports professionals, individuals and commercial and property businesses. The firm also assists professionals with defending claims where there is no insurance cover. Practice head Daniel Brumpton has vast experience of professional negligence-related litigation. Cathryn Selby specialises in high value, complex claims. Clients describe the team as ‘approachable‘ and ‘proactive‘.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector