Daniel Brumpton > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. Daniel specialises in professional negligence claims against solicitors and barristers, surveyors, financial advisers, accountants and insurance brokers amongst others. This includes mishandled litigation, tax advice, commercial property transactions, mergers and acquisitions, pension disputes, financial litigation including hedging claims and financial product mis-selling, professional indemnity disputes, professional fee disputes, complaints and regulatory matters.
Daniel regularly delivers seminars to clients and intermediaries on all areas of professional negligence.
Trained Irwin Mitchell LLP; qualified 2004; Partner and Head of Professional Negligence Irwin Mitchell 2013-2016. Solicitor DAC Beachcroft, Leeds, 2004-2006; Solicitor at Irwin Mitchell 2006-2013; Partner Berg, Manchester 2016-2017; Partner Nelsons 2017.
Professional Negligence Lawyers Association.
University of Humberside (BA Law and Business); York College of Law (1998 Legal Practice Course).
Golf, football, food, cinema.
East Midlands > Insurance > Professional negligence
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s client roster includes high-net-worth individuals, sports professionals and property businesses. It handles claims against solicitors and barristers, financial advisers, insurance brokers, surveyors and architects, among others. It has a notable specialism in defending professionals against claims where there is no insurance cover in place or where cover has been reserved. Although it predominantly acts for claimants, the team is also engaged by insurance companies on the defendant side. Daniel Brumpton heads up the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment