Kevin Modiri > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Derby, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
- Go to...
Partner. Kevin’s areas of expertise include:
– Contentious probate and Inheritance (Provision for Family and Dependants) Act 1975 claims;
– Disputes relating to the administration of trusts and estates;
– Insolvency litigation, including:
~ Preference/transaction at an undervalue claims and other types of claim on behalf of liquidators/trustees in bankruptcy;
~ Director disqualification proceedings;
~ Professional negligence claims against all types of professionals including solicitors, accountants and surveyors
– Breach of data protection claims;
– General commercial and civil litigation, such as:
~ Shareholder and partnership disputes;
~ Contract claims
~ Financial irregularity claims such as breaches of the Consumer Credit Act/mis-selling of financial products
~ Guarantee disputes
Trained CS2 Lawyers; qualified 2005; partner Nelsons 2013. Trainee solicitor/solicitor at CS2 Lawyers 2002-05; head of litigation and employment at Hackett Windle LLP 2005-07; partner and head of litigation and employment at Bakewells Solicitors 2007-13.
Member of the Association of Contentious Trust and Probate Specialists (ACTAPS).
King Edward’s School, Birmingham; University of Leicester (2002 Law LLB); Nottingham Law School.
Martial arts, running, socialising.
The multidisciplinary practice at Nelsons Solicitors Limited combines the expertise of its dispute resolution, employment, private client, corporate and real estate groups. Kevin Modiri focuses on contentious probate and privacy issues, and is assisted by associate Craig Staten-Spencer, who has considerable experience advising Almshouses and local charities.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s robust contentious trusts and probate practice is regularly involved in disputes involving estates worth in excess of 7 figures. Kevin Modiri, based in Nottingham and Derby, is the firms’ main specialist for claims under the Inheritance Act, with associate Lewis Hastie primarily representing individual clients in contentious probate claims and Court of Protection cases. Mediator Lewis Addison leads the Leicester team.
At Nelsons Solicitors Limited, Andy Rudkin applies his 15 years’ experience in contentious and non-contentious corporate, personal insolvency and restructuring matters, to support for local administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies, antecedent transactions, and misfeasance actions. In Derby, Kevin Modiri is the name to note for complex bankruptcies.
- Charities and not-for-profit - East Midlands > Private client
- Contentious trusts and probate - East Midlands > Private client
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - East Midlands > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery