Duncan Taylor > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Partner. Areas of practice include acquisitions, mergers and disposals; management buy-outs; management buy-ins; banking and finance; corporate governance; joint ventures; corporate reorganisations; share sales and purchases.
Trained Wilkinson Kimbers (now part of DLA), London; qualified 1984; partner Nelsons 1993.
Chesterfield School; Pembroke College, Oxford (MA Jurisprudence); College of Law, Chester.
Rugby, theatre, travel, wine.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s varied client roster includes SMEs, owner-managed businesses and Plcs. It handles a high volume of sales and acquisitions across a wide range of different industries. Derby team lead David Kaplan acts for clients such as large aerospace businesses and small-medium healthcare operators in corporate transactions. Nottingham-based partner Harpreet Sandhu advises clients on all types of commercial agreements and risk assessments. The ‘exceptionally supportive’ Duncan Taylor (who is also based in Nottingham) had a very active year in 2019, completing over 14 transactions.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector