Harpreet Sandhu > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Commerce and Technology.
Partner. Areas of expertise are commercial agreements, IT and intellectual property law, including product development, supply and purchasing arrangements, distribution and agency relationships, franchising, outsourcing, IT projects, software development, licensing and maintenance, ownership, protection and licensing of all forms of intellectual property, research (academic and industry), collaborations (domestic and international), patent and know-how licensing, material transfers, all aspects of selling online, data protection and freedom of information, anti-bribery compliance and consumer rights compliance for the higher education sector.
Previous experience in private practice and in-house at an East Midlands university, helping the university protect and exploit its know-how and intellectual property. Made Partner at Nelsons in June 2017.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited is sought out to advise on outsourcing and IT projects, software development, licensing and maintenance. Harpreet Sandhu heads up the non-contentious IT practice, while Emma Ward leads the contentious IT/IP offering. Sandhu has a high level of expertise in GDPR matters and regularly speaks at events on GDPR compliance.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s practice is jointly led by Harpreet Sandhu (who heads up the firm’s non-contentious IP offering) and Emma Ward (who leads the contentious IP practice). Ward, who is a ‘truly exceptional solicitor‘, is an allied member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s varied client roster includes SMEs, owner-managed businesses and Plcs. It handles a high volume of sales and acquisitions across a wide range of different industries. Derby team lead David Kaplan acts for clients such as large aerospace businesses and small-medium healthcare operators in corporate transactions. Nottingham-based partner Harpreet Sandhu advises clients on all types of commercial agreements and risk assessments. The ‘exceptionally supportive’ Duncan Taylor (who is also based in Nottingham) had a very active year in 2019, completing over 14 transactions.
With a range of clients that includes SMEs, public companies and owner managed businesses, Nelsons Solicitors Limited is particularly strong in M&A, corporate restructurings and drafting commercial contracts. Chris Rees is experienced in corporate finance and private equity transactions, where he acts for clients such as management teams, investors and corporates. Harpreet Sandhu advises clients on commercial agreements and risk mitigation strategies across various key areas, including outsourcing, distribution, product development and IP.
- Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
- Intellectual property - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector