Jon Roberts > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Partner. Jon has specialised in dispute resolution for over twenty years and is a leading lawyer in this field.
His areas of expertise include construction and engineering; administrative law claims against local and public authorities; advocacy before all civil courts and arbitrations; commercial litigation; civil fraud; contract claims; injunctions; international disputes; judicial review; shareholder and partnership disputes; professional negligence; public law; torts; and trust and trustee disputes.
John is an experienced trial advocate. He is also experienced in high value/complex high court claims.
Trained Sheffield City Council; qualified 1986; partner Nelsons 1993.
Solicitor advocate (Higher Courts)
Keele University (1982 BA joint Hons); University of Liverpool (MBA 2011).
The client base of Nelsons Solicitors Limited’s commercial litigation team comprises predominantly East Midlands based businesses as well as a number of companies from throughout the UK. Cathryn Selby heads the general dispute resolution team, within which Jon Roberts is the head of the commercial litigation group. Selby is experienced in commercial contract disputes, as is Nottingham-based Simon Key, while Roberts specialises in fraud cases as well as commercial litigation in the construction industry.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery