Kelvin Henderson > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Partner and head of family law. Kelvin’s area of experise is advising on cohabitation disputes from the unique perspective of his knowledge in both the family and civil procedure rules. He regularly advises on divorce cases and financial settlements where substantial assets are involved, including those involcing family businesses.
His areas of expertise include cohabitation disputes; cohabitation agreements; divorce; financial provision; pre-nuptial agreements; post-nuptial agreements; and separation agreements.
Kelvin is also able to draw on his experience as a Deputy District Judge to promote good practice within the Family Department and also within the firm generally.
Trained at Freeth Cartwright and Sketchley, Nottingham; Warren & Allen, Nottingham (Solicitor); Sheltons, Nottingham (Solicitor); Massers, Nottingham (Partner); Irwin Mitchell, Sheffield (Associate); Nelsons, Nottingham (Partner since 2015); Deputy District Judge (since 2004)
Resolution Accredited Specialist in Cohabitation and Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996 (TOLATA), and Complex Financial Remedies 2
Fettes College Edinburgh; Leeds University; College of Law, Chester
Degrees and qualifications with years attained:1978 LLB (2 (1)); 1979 Part 2 completed
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery