Simon Waterfield > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Partner. Simon has extensive expertise in property disputes; rights of way claims; landlord and tenant disputes; and commercial disputes.
His areas of expertise include:
– Property disputes (boundary disputes, adverse possession, restrictive covenants, emergency injunctions; planning issues and appeals, squatters’ claims);
– Rights of way claims (access and easement disputes, enforcement of rights of way, advising and representing clients at public rights of way enquiries);
– Landlord and tenant disputes (rent arrears claims for commercial and residential landlords, forfeiture and relief from forfeiture claims, distraint and dilapidations claims, commercial lease renewals);
– Commercial disputes.
Simon is Editor on the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) website.
Trained Inns of Court Gray’s Inn; qualified 1993; joined Nelsons 1999; partner Nelsons 2004.
Manchester Metropolitan University (LLB, BAR).
Squash, mountain climbing, walking.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s team, which is based in Nottingham and Derby, has particular expertise in commercial and residential landlord and tenant disputes, planning law cases and breach of contract disputes. Simon Waterfield has vast experience of landlord and tenant disputes, including those concerning forfeiture, dilapidations and contested rent review applications. He also has niche expertise in flooding disputes. ‘Friendly and professional’ associate Oliver Maxwell is particularly active in commercial landlord and tenant matters, easement disputes and claims involving the interpretation and enforcement of overage agreements. Cathryn Selby is another key individual.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector