Emma Ward > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Partner. Emma is head of our contentious intellectual property team and provides comprehensive and pragmatic advice on the full spectrum of intellectual property rights. She has considerable experience in securing injunctions to protect her client’s intellectual property, at both the interim and final Order stage of court proceedings.
Emma also advises clients on trade mark registration, acting for clients in filing and prosecuting applications at the UK intellectual property office, as well as in opposition proceedings.
Her areas of expertise include:
– Intellectual property (copyright, design right, trade marks, patents, confidential information/trade secrets, passing off);
– Company names tribunal;
– Restrictive covenants disputes (employee contracts, shareholder agreements; SPAs).
Trained at Nelsons, qualifying in 2007. Promoted to associate in 2012 and partner in 2017.
– Allied member of The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys.
University of Hull (2003) LLB First Class Honours; Nottingham Law School (2004) LPC Distinction
East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
Nelsons Solicitors Limited excels in both contentious and non-contentious matters. Leading the contentious practice is Emma Ward, who assists clients with all aspects of software-related claims, including copyright, breach of confidence and database rights. On the non-contentious side, key contact Harpreet Sandhu handles outsourcing and IT projects, licensing and maintenance, software development, ownership, online sales, data protection compliance and IP-related matters.
East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual propertyWithin: Next Generation Partners -
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s contentious practice is led by Emma Ward, who has specialist knowledge of the technology, manufacturing and fashion industries. The firm advises clients on the full range of related work from strategy and specification through to prosecution and opposition proceedings. Harpreet Sandhu, who is the head of the non-contentious practice, assists clients with intellectual property ownership, exploitation and protection issues.
- Next Generation Partners - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment