Emma Ward > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Partner. Emma is head of our contentious intellectual property team and provides comprehensive and pragmatic advice on the full spectrum of intellectual property rights. She has considerable experience in securing injunctions to protect her client’s intellectual property, at both the interim and final order stage of court proceedings.
Emma also advises clients on trade mark registration, acting for clients in filing and prosecuting applications at the UK intellectual property office, as well as in opposition proceedings.
Areas of expertise include: intellectual property (copyright; design right; trade marks; patents; confidential information/trade secrets; passing off); company names tribunal; restrictive covenants disputes (employee contracts; shareholder agreements; SPAs).
Trained at Nelsons, qualifying in 2007. Promoted to associate in 2012 and partner in 2017.
Allied member of The Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys.
University of Hull (2003) LLB First Class Honours; Nottingham Law School (2004) LPC Distinction
Nelsons Solicitors Limited is sought out to advise on outsourcing and IT projects, software development, licensing and maintenance. Harpreet Sandhu heads up the non-contentious IT practice, while Emma Ward leads the contentious IT/IP offering. Sandhu has a high level of expertise in GDPR matters and regularly speaks at events on GDPR compliance.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s practice is jointly led by Harpreet Sandhu (who heads up the firm’s non-contentious IP offering) and Emma Ward (who leads the contentious IP practice). Ward, who is a ‘truly exceptional solicitor‘, is an allied member of the Chartered Institute of Trade Mark Attorneys (CITMA).
- Next Generation Partners - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- Intellectual property - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - East Midlands > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector