Tim Hastings > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Nottingham, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
8 STANFORD STREET
- Go to...
Chairman & Solicitor. In 2017, Tim took on the full-time, executive management role of chairman, working alongside Stewart Vandermark, with responsibility for overseeing Nelsons’ strategic development and financial performance.
Tim is qualified in law and management and is chair of Nelsons’ Board of Management.
Trained Freeth Cartwright & Sketchley; qualified 1981; founding partner Nelsons 1983; managing partner 1987-2003; chief executive 2003-2017; chairman 2017.
External examiner, Legal Practice Course; Nottingham Trent University (Criminal Law, Litigation and Advocacy) 1999-2003; vice-chair of Broxtowe College, 1997-2006; director of Greater Nottingham Training and Enterprise Council, 1999-2001; chair Castle College, Nottingham 1st January 2008 to 2011. Chair of Nottingham Society for the Deaf (1993-date). Regional Legal Services Committee (strategic advisory board to the Legal Services Committee), 1998-2003.
Nottingham University (1978 LLB); Open University (1995 MBA).
Classical guitar, golf, tennis.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment