Chris Rees > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner. Experienced corporate and banking lawyer specialising in all types of corporate, funding and banking law. Chris acts for buyers, sellers, lenders, borrowers, management, investors, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), corporates and high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs).
Considerable experience in a number of sectors, including leisure and gaming; automative; professional and financial services; manufacturing; media and creative; development and construction.
Areas of expertise include: corporate finance (acquisitions, disposals and mergers; corporate reorganisations and restructurings; demergers; cross-border transactions); private equity/investment (management buy-outs and buy-ins; other private equity/investment work); banking and finance (real estate and development finance; acquisition finance; asset finance; refinancing; general banking; general secured and unsecured lending); joint ventures; corporate governance; company law.
Partner at Nelsons 2005-2014; Partner at Howes Percival LLP 2014-2018; Partner at Nelsons 2018-present.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
With a range of clients that includes SMEs, public companies and owner managed businesses, Nelsons Solicitors Limited is particularly strong in M&A, corporate restructurings and drafting commercial contracts. Chris Rees is experienced in corporate finance and private equity transactions, where he acts for clients such as management teams, investors and corporates. Harpreet Sandhu advises clients on commercial agreements and risk mitigation strategies across various key areas, including outsourcing, distribution, product development and IP.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s Leicester practice handles a wide ambit of work for borrowers and lenders, including acquisition finance, asset finance, property funding, development funding and refinancing transactions. Chris Rees has vast experience in this field, and has notable specialisms in corporate banking, refinancings and property-backed lending. David Kaplan, who is based in Derby, has particular strengths in asset-based lending and funding arrangements. The ‘tenacious’ James Coningsby and associate Peter Rees often advise clients on property finance transactions.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector