Chris Rees > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner. Experienced corporate and banking lawyer specialising in all types of corporate, funding and banking law. Chris acts for buyers, sellers, lenders, borrowers, management, investors, small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), corporates and high-net-worth individuals (HNWIs).
Considerable experience in a number of sectors, including leisure and gaming; automative; professional and financial services; manufacturing; media and creative; development and construction.
Areas of expertise include: corporate finance (acquisitions, disposals and mergers; corporate reorganisations and restructurings; demergers; cross-border transactions); private equity/investment (management buy-outs and buy-ins; other private equity/investment work); banking and finance (real estate and development finance; acquisition finance; asset finance; refinancing; general banking; general secured and unsecured lending); joint ventures; corporate governance; company law.
Partner at Nelsons 2005-2014; Partner at Howes Percival LLP 2014-2018; Partner at Nelsons 2018-present.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Chris Rees at Nelsons Solicitors Limited is instructed by leading banks on corporate banking, re-financing and property backed lends. He is also experienced in representing private and overseas lenders and in syndicated loan arrangements, particularly those connected to the property and development sector. James Coningsby is the key contact for real estate and development finance. Both are located in Leicester while over in Derby, David Kaplan is the lead partner.
Chris Rees heads Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s Leicester corporate practice where he leverages 21 years transactional experience supporting buyers, sellers, banks, investors, SMEs and corporates in all facets of company law and corporate finance. Harpreet Sandhu, who operates between Nottingham and Leicester, heads the commercial offering; advising on commercial agreements and technology-led projects. Senior associate Ziaur Rahman has a niche in advising on corporate charity and third sector matters, management buy-outs and specialist partnership agreements.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Finance > Banking and finance
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
- Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands - East Midlands > Corporate and commercial
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery