Jon Roberts > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner. Jon has specialised in dispute resolution for over twenty years and is a leading lawyer in this field.
His areas of expertise include construction and engineering; administrative law claims against local and public authorities; advocacy before all civil courts and arbitrations; commercial litigation; civil fraud; contract claims; injunctions; international disputes; judicial review; shareholder and partnership disputes; professional negligence; public law; torts; and trust and trustee disputes.
John is an experienced trial advocate. He is also experienced in high value/complex high court claims.
Trained Sheffield City Council; qualified 1986; partner Nelsons 1993.
Solicitor advocate (Higher Courts)
Keele University (1982 BA joint Hons); University of Liverpool (MBA 2011).
East Midlands > Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s practice in Leicester is led by Jon Roberts, who has 30 years of commercial dispute resolution experience. Roberts acts as a solicitor-advocate and trial advocate, and distinguishes himself in complex, multimillion-pound High Court litigation. Simon Trees is another partner in the team, whose varied workload includes professional negligence cases, commercial contracts disputes and corporate and personal insolvency litigation. Trees has a notable specialism in property litigation.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment