Laura Kearsley > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner and head of employment and education. Laura has a strong reputation in all aspects of employment law and has particular experience of developing HR support services for businesses. She has advised on employment law matters since qualifying as a solicitor in 2005.
Her areas of expertise include employment tribunal litigation; hearing advocacy; discipline and grievance issues; unfair and constructive unfair dismissal claims; restructuring, redundancy and transfer of undertakings issues; all forms of discrimination including disability, race, sex and religion; employment contracts, handbooks and policies; settlement agreements and industrial relations issues.
Laura was The Lawyer Assistant Solicitor of the year 2011, Birmingham Law Society Assistant/Associate Solicitor of the Year 2010, and won the Women on their Way: Woman in Law award in 2009.
Trained Allen & Overy LLP; qualified 2005; partner Nelsons 2012. Previously at Weightmans LLP progressing from solicitor to associate solicitor/business centre manager. Publications of note: Employment Law Journal.
Employment Lawyers Association; former chair of the West Midlands Association of Women Solicitors.
Fernwood Comprehensive School; Bilborough College; University of Birmingham (2001 Law LLB, 2:1); Nottingham Law School (2002 Legal Practice Course, Commendation).
Running, active gym member, cinema, eating out, reading and cooking.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited is well-recognised in the education sector. Its employment team works closely with the dispute resolution and corporate/commercial departments to cover a wide range of mandates. The group’s expertise includes restrictive covenants and the misuse by employees of confidential information, as well as TUPE issues. Restructuring and insolvency work is an area of growth for the team, which is led by practice head Laura Kearsley. She is an experienced Employment Tribunal advocate and a regular presenter at seminars and training events.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited provides a wide range of advice to schools, academies, education providers and senior employees operating in the education sector. The firm handles academy conversions and the formation of multi academy trusts, investigations into misconduct and employment-related matters. Laura Kearsley is the head of the practice.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector