Laura Kearsley > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner and head of employment and education. Laura has a strong reputation in all aspects of employment law and has particular experience of developing HR support services for businesses. She has advised on employment law matters since qualifying as a solicitor in 2005.
Her areas of expertise include employment tribunal litigation; hearing advocacy; discipline and grievance issues; unfair and constructive unfair dismissal claims; restructuring, redundancy and transfer of undertakings issues; all forms of discrimination including disability, race, sex and religion; employment contracts, handbooks and policies; settlement agreements and industrial relations issues.
Laura was The Lawyer Assistant Solicitor of the year 2011, Birmingham Law Society Assistant/Associate Solicitor of the Year 2010, and won the Women on their Way: Woman in Law award in 2009.
Trained Allen & Overy LLP; qualified 2005; partner Nelsons 2012. Previously at Weightmans LLP progressing from solicitor to associate solicitor/business centre manager. Publications of note: Employment Law Journal.
Employment Lawyers Association; former chair of the West Midlands Association of Women Solicitors.
Fernwood Comprehensive School; Bilborough College; University of Birmingham (2001 Law LLB, 2:1); Nottingham Law School (2002 Legal Practice Course, Commendation).
Running, active gym member, cinema, eating out, reading and cooking.
East Midlands > Public sector > Education
Nelsons Solicitors Limited has a varied workload, which includes academy conversions, misconduct and grievance investigations and contractual disputes. Practice head Laura Kearsley is an expert in all forms of discrimination (including sex, disability, race and religion), industrial relations and discipline and grievance issues, among other employment issues. Other members of the team advise clients on GDPR and corporate affairs. The client base comprises of various schools, academies and education providers, as well as teachers and other employees.
East Midlands > Human resources > Employment
Laura Kearsley, noted as ‘extremely competent and professional‘, leads the practice at Nelsons Solicitors Limited. Acclaimed for her ‘thorough knowledge’, she is an experienced Employment Tribunal advocate who specialises in industrial relations and whistleblowing. Unfair dismissals and TUPE matters also form the recent caseload as do a number of sex, race and age discrimination claims. Laura Evans and Peter Nicholson recently joined the team, arriving from Your HR Lawyer and Spearing Waite respectively. Andy Jamieson retired.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Public sector > Education
- Human resources > Employment