Rachel McCahill > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Corporate and personal restructuring and insolvency.
Partner. Insolvency specialist working on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious insolvency, including administrations; liquidations; company voluntary arrangements (CVA); law of property act receiverships (LPA receiver); bankruptcy; individual voluntary arrangements (IVA); antecedent transactions; restructuring; and personal guarantees.
Rachel acts for insolvency practitioners, directors, financial institutions, companies, businesses and individuals. Rachel is also a regular lecturer for MBL seminars.
Trained Gateley (formely Gateley Wareing), qualified 1999, partner Nelsons 2013. 1997-2005 – Gateley (trainee, solicitor, associate); 2005-2008 – Eversheds (associate); 2008-2009 – Tollers (associate); 2009-2013 – Smith Partnership (associate, partner and head of department); 2013 Nelsons.
– Member of R3 Association of Business Recovery Professionals;
– Committee member of the R3 East Midlands Ladies Committee;
– Founder member and committee member of LADS (Leicester Alternative Dining Society)
Latimer School, Northamptonshire; Queen Mary and Westfield, University of London, College of Law, London (LLB 1996 2:1 Fifth in the year; LPC 1997 Commendation).
Reading, football, cycling.
Lawyer Rankings(Leading individuals)
Based in Leicester, Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s team is led by Rachel McCahill, whose broad expertise spans administrations, liquidations, bankruptcies and non-contentious work with distressed companies. The practice is also well-equipped to pursue bond claims cases against insolvency practitioners relating to alleged fraud. Alistair Haggerty, who was promoted to associate in 2019, is another key figure.
- Leading individuals - East Midlands > Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- Insolvency and corporate recovery - East Midlands > Finance
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector