James Coningsby > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner. James specialises in all types of commercial property law matters, including development projects and acquisitions and disposals.
James’ caseload consists, in the main, of complex development work mostly for private sector clients but also for lenders and clients in the social housing sector.
James has gained considerable experience in creative residential, retail and mixed-use development projects in cities across the country. He acts as lead lawyer and so provides a single point of contact giving access to the range of services Nelsons offer.
He also deals with high value acquisitions and disposals; sales and leaseback transactions; securitisations; options and promotion agreements.
Areas of practice include retail property; voluntary sector property; commercial and residential development; secured lending; business leases; investment property; planning and environment; and school academy conversion services.
Trained Marrons; qualified 1990; partner Nelsons 2000. Previously partner in Ironsides.
Law Society Property Section; Procon Leicestershire; Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Tonbridge School; De Montfort University (1987 LLB).
Tennis; playing the double bass.
With particular expertise in the retail and education sectors, Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s Leicester team is instructed by developers, investors and banks in various matters, including lease agreements, investment purchases, secured lending transactions and property sales. James Coningsby has a wealth of experience advising clients engaged in residential, retail and mixed use projects. Associate Peter Rees has notable expertise in lending and project financing.
Nelsons Solicitors Limited‘s Leicester practice handles a wide ambit of work for borrowers and lenders, including acquisition finance, asset finance, property funding, development funding and refinancing transactions. Chris Rees has vast experience in this field, and has notable specialisms in corporate banking, refinancings and property-backed lending. David Kaplan, who is based in Derby, has particular strengths in asset-based lending and funding arrangements. The ‘tenacious’ James Coningsby and associate Peter Rees often advise clients on property finance transactions.
- Banking and finance - East Midlands > Finance
- Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands - East Midlands > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Private finance initiative (PFI)
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Public sector > Public sector