James Coningsby > Nelsons Solicitors Limited > Leicester, England > Lawyer Profile
Nelsons Solicitors Limited Offices
37 NEW WALK
- Go to...
Partner. James specialises in all types of commercial property law matters, including development projects and acquisitions and disposals.
James’ caseload consists, in the main, of complex development work mostly for private sector clients but also for lenders and clients in the social housing sector.
James has gained considerable experience in creative residential, retail and mixed-use development projects in cities across the country. He acts as lead lawyer and so provides a single point of contact giving access to the range of services Nelsons offer.
He also deals with high value acquisitions and disposals; sales and leaseback transactions; securitisations; options and promotion agreements.
Areas of practice include retail property; voluntary sector property; commercial and residential development; secured lending; business leases; investment property; planning and environment; and school academy conversion services.
Trained Marrons; qualified 1990; partner Nelsons 2000. Previously partner in Ironsides.
Law Society Property Section; Procon Leicestershire; Commercial Real Estate Legal Association (CRELA).
Tonbridge School; De Montfort University (1987 LLB).
Tennis; playing the double bass.
Chris Rees at Nelsons Solicitors Limited is instructed by leading banks on corporate banking, re-financing and property backed lends. He is also experienced in representing private and overseas lenders and in syndicated loan arrangements, particularly those connected to the property and development sector. James Coningsby is the key contact for real estate and development finance. Both are located in Leicester while over in Derby, David Kaplan is the lead partner.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Charities and not-for-profit
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Personal injury and clinical negligence: claimant
- Finance > Banking and finance
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: Nottingham and Derby
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Elsewhere in East Midlands
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: Nottingham and Derby
- Dispute resolution > Debt recovery
- Employment > Employment
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Commercial property: Nottingham and Derby
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery