Carla Murray > Myerson Solicitors LLP > Altrincham, England > Lawyer Profile
Myerson Solicitors LLP Offices
20 BARRINGTON ROAD
- Go to...
Corporate & Commercial
Carla has a particular interest in the Tech Sector and specialises in IT law. Carla has a wealth of experience in drafting and negotiating a variety of technology contracts including software development agreements, app development agreements, platform development and supply agreements, SaaS agreements and software licensing, hosting and maintenance agreements. Carla has assisted developers in taking their apps to market, including their deployment on AWS and Google platforms as well as the App Store. Carla acts for large software houses and has been involved in multi million pound software licencing, support and maintenance agreements and also works with starts ups who are looking to enter the market place with their software offerings.
Carla’s strong Commercial/IT background means she is able to provide valuable assistance within Myerson’s Compliance Team, advising clients on data protection, GDPR, anti-bribery compliance and competition law.
Carla has experience in a wide range of commercial matters including drafting and negotiating an array of commercial agreements from both a supplier and customer perspective, including agency agreements, distribution agreements, standard terms and conditions for the supply of services and goods on both a business to business and business to consumer basis. Carla acts for a variety of businesses including SME’s, small start-ups and owner managed companies.
Carla studied law at Manchester Metropolitan University and trained at Brabners Chaffe Street. Upon qualification she joined the national law firm Hill Dickinson and worked in the Corporate Commercial department at their head office in Liverpool
Lawyer Rankings(Next Generation Partners)
Clients of Myerson Solicitors LLP include individuals, OMBs, SMEs and PLCs who rely on the team for advice on software development and licensing agreements, cloud computing, technology transfer agreements, outsourcing and data protection law. Led by Carla Murray, the team has a particular focus on fintech and regtech matters and is also well-regarded for its work on open source software, namely restriction and licensing issues.
The team at Myerson Solicitors LLP ‘works seamlessly together and is very responsive’. Clients include individuals, SMEs, PLCs and OMBs, and while the Altrincham-based firm focuses on its North West heartlands, the team has recently noted an increasing number of instructions from the South and South East. The ‘extremely competent’ Jonathan Hassall actively handles trade mark, copyright, patent, confidential information and design right disputes while Carla Murray is an expert in the vesting of IP rights in addition to portfolio management.
- Next Generation Partners - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Intellectual property - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
- IT and telecoms - North West > TMT (technology, media and telecoms)
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Insurance > Professional negligence
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Dispute resolution > Banking litigation
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Intellectual property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > IT and telecoms
- Real estate > Construction