Clive Pointon > Aaron & Partners LLP > Chester, England > Lawyer Profile
Aaron & Partners LLP Offices
5-7 GROSVENOR COURT
- Go to...
Wills, Trusts & Tax Law
Partner & Head of Wills, Trusts & Tax
A regular speaker at seminars about making wills, mitigating inheritance tax and protecting assets, Clive is a Notary Public and advises on international estates with contacts in many countries. He’s authorised in the execution of international wills and regularly advises on nursing fee planning and statutory wills and gifts.
Clive’s expertise in Court of Protection matters was recognised some years ago when he was appointed to the Court’s approved panel of deputies.
Clive is chairman of the trustees of the Tyrer Charitable Trust. He also chairs the Gwynne-Jones Charitable Trust, which supports the arts in Chester, and is a trustee of the Chester Municipal Charities, one of the oldest charities in Chester which dates back to Elizabethan times.
Clive qualified as a solicitor in 1994 and, having studied at the College of Law Chester, returned to the North West to work at Aaron and Partners in 1997. He now heads our Wills, Trusts & Tax team.
Aaron & Partners LLP advises on the administration of charitable trusts, inheritance tax mitigation, estate restructuring and wills and estate planning. Clients include a number of high-net-worth individuals as well as various charitable trusts. The ‘precise and proactive‘ Clive Pointon offers experienced advice as a Court of Protection deputy, receiving a considerable amount of referral work with a wide geographical spread, and is described by clients as ‘a delight to work with‘.
Aaron & Partners LLP‘s practice is led by wills, trusts and tax head Clive Pointon and James Wallace, who advises clients on both the litigious aspects of contentious trust and probate work as well as the taxation and estate planning consequences of judgments and settlements. The department, which also gives expert evidence on Court of Protection disputes, offers alternative funding arrangements for clients including conditional fees and damages-based agreements.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Human resources > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery