Clive Pointon > Aaron & Partners LLP > Chester, England > Lawyer Profile
Aaron & Partners LLP Offices
5-7 GROSVENOR COURT
- Go to...
Wills, Trusts & Tax Law
Partner & Head of Wills, Trusts & Tax
A regular speaker at seminars about making wills, mitigating inheritance tax and protecting assets, Clive is a Notary Public and advises on international estates with contacts in many countries. He’s authorised in the execution of international wills and regularly advises on nursing fee planning and statutory wills and gifts.
Clive’s expertise in Court of Protection matters was recognised some years ago when he was appointed to the Court’s approved panel of deputies.
Clive is chairman of the trustees of the Tyrer Charitable Trust. He also chairs the Gwynne-Jones Charitable Trust, which supports the arts in Chester, and is a trustee of the Chester Municipal Charities, one of the oldest charities in Chester which dates back to Elizabethan times.
Clive qualified as a solicitor in 1994 and, having studied at the College of Law Chester, returned to the North West to work at Aaron and Partners in 1997. He now heads our Wills, Trusts & Tax team.
Aaron & Partners LLP focuses on providing capital tax advice to its high-net-worth clients, and also has a track record of assisting charitable trusts with administrations. Inheritance tax planning, estate restructuring, and wills and estate planning issues are also core areas of expertise. Court of Protection deputy Clive Pointon also has notary public status, which enables the team to deal with an increasing array of matters with multi-jurisdictional issues.
Wills and trusts specialist Clive Pointon and litigator James Wallace jointly head up the contentious trusts and probate team at Aaron & Partners LLP. Alongside its contentious trusts work, the team specialises in Court of Protection disputes. The department also acts for a large number of high-net-worth individuals and offers clients alternative funding options.
- Contentious trusts and probate - North West > Private client
- Personal tax, trusts and probate - North West > Private client
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery