Simon Ellis > Aaron & Partners LLP > Chester, England > Lawyer Profile
Aaron & Partners LLP Offices
5-7 GROSVENOR COURT
- Go to...
Real Estate Law
Partner & Head of Real Estate
Simon’s main areas of expertise are commercial property and charity law, the latter of which he has been recommended for in both the Legal 500 and Chambers and Partners as a leading expert. He undertakes all aspects of non-contentious charity work, in particular charity property, including acquisitions and disposals as well as options and site assembly for development. He advises on the formation of charities and incorporation of existing and new charities.
He has extensive experience of ecclesiastical matters, acting in the past for diocesan boards of finance, incumbents and sequestrators in relation to benefice land. He also acts for parochial church councils, especially in property matters, including voluntary registrations of glebe and parsonage land and diocesan corporate property.
Simon qualified as a solicitor following service in the Cheshire Regiment in Hong Kong, Cyprus, Canada, Germany, Northern Ireland and Bosnia.
Led by Simon Ellis, Aaron & Partners LLP specialises in acting for partners and shareholders in farming and other agriculture-related businesses in partnership and shareholder disputes, as well as handling succession planning issues, basic payment scheme entitlements, agri-environment agreements, and sales and purchases of land and farms. The team also has a track record in agreements for the development of land for mineral exploitation, waste management, and renewable energy projects. Other names to note are David Harries and Shrewsbury-based associate Ben Brassington.
Aaron & Partners LLP‘s practice delivers a ‘fantastic service’ on development projects, covering residential, commercial and industrial, as well as agricultural holdings and estates. Simon Ellis heads up the team with a ‘formidable grasp’ of his areas of focus. He is noted for his expertise in the charity sector, especially in regard to ecclesiastical charities. Emma McGlinchey contributes to the practice with her experience in the retail and food retail work, acting for major regional clients such as Aldi.
- Agriculture and estates - North West > Private client
- Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West - North West > Real estate
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Employment > Employment
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery