Jan Chillery > Aaron & Partners LLP > Chester, England > Lawyer Profile
Aaron & Partners LLP Offices
5-7 GROSVENOR COURT
- Go to...
Dispute Resolution & Insolvency Law
Jan is a partner who specialises in insolvency, business recovery and turnaround for both corporate and private individuals. She is a full member of the Insolvency Practitioners Association and R3, the Association of Business Recovery Professionals. Jan also handles commercial dispute resolution and litigation work. She is also a non-executive Director of Muir Group Housing Association Ltd.
Having worked for several years before qualifying as a solicitor, including a period as a manager at a limited company under administrative receivership, her first-hand experience gives her a valuable insight to clients’ problems.
Dealings with insolvency office holders, the Court or the Insolvency Service can be very stressful and Jan works hard to smooth the path towards a satisfactory outcome in matters such as asset purchases, director disqualification proceedings or bankruptcy annulment. She provides clear and reliable advice on options available before and after formal insolvency proceedings.
Since qualifying as a solicitor in 2003, Jan has managed insolvent estates where Simon Edwards (the firm’s senior partner and authorised insolvency practitioner) is trustee in bankruptcy, administrator, liquidator or supervisor of voluntary arrangements. Jan also advises other insolvency office holders about asset realisations, such as antecedent transaction claims and possession proceedings.
Jan’s pre-qualification experience also includes five years at a cross-media publishing company in London, handling commercial work such as licence and production agreements for video, music and spoken word.
She qualified with Distinction at the University of Law, Chester. Jan also has an Honours degree in International Business after study in the Netherlands and at Plymouth University.
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Agriculture and estates
- Dispute resolution > Commercial litigation: elsewhere in the North West
- Corporate and commercial > Corporate and commercial: elsewhere in the North West
- Real estate > Commercial property: elsewhere in the North West
- Human resources > Employment
- Private client > Family
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Projects, energy and natural resources > Energy
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Planning and environment
- Finance > Insolvency and corporate recovery