HUANG Yaquan > Huang & Huang Co. Law Firm > Guangzhou, China > Lawyer Profile
Huang & Huang Co. Law Firm Offices
Rm. 3501, 35/F, R&F Well Center
No.180 Jiangnan Avenue (M.)
- Firm Profile
- Go to...
Marine Insurance, P&I Insurance, Charter Party, International/Domestic Trade
Founder and senior partner,
Leading Foreign-related Lawyer in Guangdong Province
- 2001-present Founder and senior partner of Huang & Huang Co. Law Firm
- 1999-Feb. 2001 Partner and full-time lawyer in Guangdong Maritime Law Office
- 1993-Aug. 1999 Deputy general manager of the Insurance Department of COSCO (H.K.) Shipping Co., Limited
- 1987-1999 Part-time lawyer in Guangdong Maritime Law Office
- 1986-Jan. 1987 Training and studying at UK P & I Club, London office
- 1970-1993 Claims executive, deputy manager and manager of the Insurance and Claims Department of Guangzhou Ocean Shipping Company (COSCO Guangzhou)
Starting from 1987, Huang Yaquan has been in full-time practice of law for more than 30 years and handled all aspects of maritime and shipping disputes, including a number of most influential maritime cases announced by The Supreme People’s Court.
He has extensive experience in advising P&I clubs, insurers, shipping and logistics businesses on disputes and claims relating to marine insurance, bill of lading and charter party, P&I insurance, personal injury and death, maritime fraud, ship collision, salvage and wreck removal, oil pollution, ship arrest, ship sale and purchase, international/domestic trade, corporate affairs, real estate, finance, etc.
Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), English
Member of China Maritime Law Association
- 1969 Graduated with a Bachelor of Arts degree
- 1986 Passed the National Bar Examination
- 1987 Obtained license to practice law
- 1993 Senior Shipping Management Economist issued by the Ministry of Transport
From 2007 Consecutively recognised by Chambers and Partners as Senior Statespeople and Leading Lawyer in shipping.
Awarded the “30 Years Contribution Award” by Guangzhou Lawyers Association.
1. Represented the Singaporean owner of a Liberian bulk carrier and its P& I Club in a large cargo damage claim (Matter value: beyond RMB20 million);
2. Advised the owner and P&I Club of a Cyprian ship on a claim for damage to submarine optical cable operated by Guangzhou Military Area Command;
3. Represented the owner and P&I Club of a Vietnamese ship in the claim arising from her sinking off Basuo of Hainan Province;
4. Represented the owner of a Cyprian container vessel in the claims arising from her collision with a fishing boat in the waters off Nanpeng Islands.
5. Represented a Hong Kong company in a claim against a Panamanian company concerning ship mortgage.