Kamal Rahman > Mishcon de Reya LLP > London, London > Lawyer Profile
Mishcon de Reya LLP Offices
- Go to...
Kamal Rahman is a Partner in Mishcon Private and is a Head of the Immigration group. Her work covers Investors, exceptional or complex nationality applications, economic citizenship, rights under European law and family related immigration.
Kamal’s client base is largely comprised of some of the wealthiest individuals and families seeking to establish a base in the UK. Their lifestyles are often difficult to ‘fit’ into the constraints of the immigration rules. Consequently, her practice focuses on obtaining expedited and exceptional decisions on behalf of her very exceptional clients.
In addition, Kamal’s clients originate from diverse regions including Russia, China, the Middle East, Asia and West Africa. Her multinational team reflects this diversity, providing linguistic and cultural familiarity with the client base they serve.
Her role often requires co-ordination of all aspects of a client’s life including tax planning, asset protection, pre- and post- nuptial agreements, real estate investments and family office services.
Partner, Mishcon de Reya LLP
Qualified: Birkbeck Montague
University of Central England (Law)
Immigration Law Practitioners Association (ILPA).
London > Human resources > ImmigrationWithin: Leading individuals - Within: Hall of Fame - Within: Hall of Fame -
Mishcon de Reya LLP has an ‘outstanding reputation‘ for immigration work; it is ‘very skilled at dealing with difficult immigration and nationality issues‘; and the team has ‘first-rate legal skills, but unrivalled client care skills‘. The business immigration team acts for high-net-worth individuals and corporate clients, which are active across the financial, creative, media, technology, sports and fashion industries. The team is regularly engaged on sponsor licence applications, right to work checks, Home Office compliance, entrepreneur and innovator applications and representatives of overseas business visa applications. It is experienced in advising on exceptional applications for naturalisation and complex ILR applications. The team also offers human rights, asylum and deportation expertise; it defends clients against extradition requests and is engaged on contentious immigration issues for clients in the Middle East, Russia and China. Judicial review claims, human rights and asylum claims are a key part of the practice. Team head Kamal Rahman is the ‘absolute master of client care‘; she is ably supported by Steven Bostock, Maria Patsalos , managing associate Hannah Barnett and associate Matt Ingham.
- Hall of Fame - London > Human resources > Immigration
- Leading individuals - London > Human resources > Immigration
Top Tier Firm Rankings
- Private client > Art and cultural property
- TMT (technology, media and telecoms) > Brand management
- Real estate > Commercial property: retail
- Private client > Contentious trusts and probate
- Human resources > Employment: employers
- Human resources > Employment: senior executives
- Private client > Family
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Fraud: civil
- Crime, fraud and licensing > Gaming and betting
- Private client > Personal tax, trusts and probate
- Real estate > Property litigation
- Real estate > Residential property
- Banking litigation: investment and retail
- Commercial contracts
- Commercial litigation
- Commercial property: development
- Commercial property: investment
- Competition litigation
- Construction: contentious
- Contruction: non-contentious
- Corporate tax
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Employee share schemes
- EU and competition
- Financial services: contentious
- Fraud: white-collar crime
- Insurance litigation: for policyholders
- Intellectual property
- International arbitration
- M&A: lower mid-market deals, £50m-£500m
- PATMA: Trade mark attorneys
- Pharmaceuticals and biotechnology
- Private equity: transactions – mid-tier – up to £250m
- Private funds
- Property finance
- Regulatory investigations and corporate crime
- Reputation management
- Tax litigation and investigations